Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question regarding Large Pork Ribs

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a large Green Egg that I've been cooking pork butts on but plan on getting an XL Green Egg so I can cook several large slabs of ribs at once. I'll be using a plate setter and a rack to keep the ribs vertical. What is the ideal cooking temperature and how long should they cook? Thanks!

Comments

• TeddyBear,
    I can cook 6 racks of ribs on large egg useing the grill extender I use the plate setter put my grill on top of it and then lay the full rack on top of the grill and then put on grill extender and lay 3 racks on top of it.
    RTC Smoke
    "Ryan"

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    TeddyBear,
    By large I assume you mean St Louis stlye or spare ribs. I do the usual 3/2/1 method as perscribed by Dr BBQ. That is at 250 degrees, I go 3 hours on the egg, then I wrap them up in foil with a little Apple Cider or Dr Pepper and put them back on the 250 degree egg for 2 hours. At the end of this I check them and if the bones can be "turned" in the meat I pull them out of the foil, sauce them and put them back on the egg for one more hour at 250.[p]Good Luck!

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Bigfoot,
    Thanks,
    TeddyBear