Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Cucumber Watermelon Salad

Options
Made this on the weekend. Easy recipe and a nice change of pace from grilling meat. Made it on XL BGE at 500 degrees, 3-5 minutes per side.

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nice!  Fun summertime egging
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Well done. Next time try some mint, feta, and cherries mixed in. You won’t be sorry. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• zahulio
    zahulio Posts: 135
    Options
    Thanks for feedback.
    i love meat, but this was a refreshing change of pace.
    Full recipe is here
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    zahulioi m definitely trying this saturday thanks for the inspiration. I have a question; did you slice the cucumber up before grilling and do it on a pan of some sort or did you just halve them and grill em and sliced afterwards?

Killit_and_Grillit and a question for you do you grill the cherries as well, and if so im assuming in a tray?

Im going to add the mint and Ill use goat cheese after cukes and melon grilled  should you eat right away or can you/should you let it cool?
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @mlc2013 you can grill them in a tray or skewer. I don’t. I usually will chill the salad prior to serving and that watermelon will pick up flavor quick. 

Then toss in the cucumber and cheese. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• mlc2013
    Options
    Killit_and_Grillit okay so let me get this straight grill watermelon right on grill and cherries in a pan of some sort , then mix and cool.
     then grill the cucumbers and add the grilled cukes and the mint and the goat cheese to the cooled watermelon stir and serve.?

Long Island NY    
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Grill, chill, mix cool ingredients, serve. 

South of Nashville, TN

• zahulio
    zahulio Posts: 135
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    zahulioi m definitely trying this saturday thanks for the inspiration. I have a question; did you slice the cucumber up before grilling and do it on a pan of some sort or did you just halve them and grill em and sliced afterwards?

Killit_and_Grillit and a question for you do you grill the cherries as well, and if so im assuming in a tray?

Im going to add the mint and Ill use goat cheese after cukes and melon grilled  should you eat right away or can you/should you let it cool?
    @mlc2013 I halved them and put them on the grill. 
    Please post how your cook goes! I’m curious 
  • mlc2013
    Options
    Will do I’m going to make it this Saturday and bring to a party nothing like listening to others critique my first attempt
    Long Island NY