Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Damaged Blackstone - Need advice

Options
1234568»

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Question. I need a new chainsaw, are the ones from Bed Bath and Beyond any good?

I know you were joking, but they actually do sell 3 chainsaws.

Bed Bath and Beyond - they aren't just for towels anymore.

Phoenix 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

They also sell 48 different offerings under "Butt Wipes", as well as 226 different charcoal grills - including kamados.

Phoenix 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    So they are the new "Costco" like in Idiocracy. Do they sell Law Degrees as well?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    blasting said:
    Question. I need a new chainsaw, are the ones from Bed Bath and Beyond any good?

I know you were joking, but they actually do sell 3 chainsaws.

Bed Bath and Beyond - they aren't just for towels anymore.

“Beyond” covers a lot of territory I guess.  All this time I just figured they used that word because they couldn’t find one for “kitchen” that started with a B.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    blasting said:

They also sell 48 different offerings under "Butt Wipes", as well as 226 different charcoal grills - including kamados.

Question is, Can you return the butt wipes if the packaging is opened and you have a receipt?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2018
    Options
    blasting said:

Question is, Can you return the butt wipes if the packaging is opened and you have a receipt?
    Yes -  you could just use the receipt instead.  Good thinking.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Bump! What was the end result?

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    Jupiter Jim lets be honest do you really want to know the end result or are you just bored and hoping for some entertainment?  Honestly I was going to do the same thing, because I want to know the end result of corse.
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Well it is almost Friday! :) Yea just wondering how he made out, I have a BS 36" and love it.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• GATraveller
    Options
    Verdict?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    We had too much great Friday material that surfaced a bit too early in the week.  We’ll see what comes to the surface tomorrow. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    thetrim said:
    We had too much great Friday material that surfaced a bit too early in the week.  We’ll see what comes to the surface tomorrow. 

I can tell you 1 thing. It won't be coming from me. =) I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride tomorrow, Wife and kids are gonna be gone. May sit here with a glass or 3 of neat Whiskey and a slice of pizza.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    You can spend the day browsing the Bed, Bath, and Beyond website.

Little Rock, AR

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    You can spend the day browsing the Bed, Bath, and Beyond website.
    Nah, I get my towels from Tom at CGS. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    Still waiting for Canadian rep to get authorization from Blackstone to replace the whole unit. He says it too badly damaged to just send a few pieces. It would have to be replaced with a front drain since us Canadians won't be receiving the rear drain style until next year.
    Anyone have any big quarries with the front drain?
  • Gym
    Options
    Also, I've heard these things are a little messy to cook with. I was thinking of picking up an apron. Maybe BBB?
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    You can do a simple mod with JB Weld on the front drain, but they don’t drain well as is. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,191
    Options
    thetrim said:

I can tell you 1 thing. It won't be coming from me. =) I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride tomorrow, Wife and kids are gonna be gone. May sit here with a glass or 3 of neat Whiskey and a slice of pizza.
    Folks were will chastise you if you aren’t drinking their personal favorite whiskey...
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Gym said:
    Also, I've heard these things are a little messy to cook with. I was thinking of picking up an apron. Maybe BBB?
    No, good lord have you learned nothing? =) You get Aprons at Discount Tire =)

• GATraveller
    Options

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Gym said:

I have a  front drain one. Looks like because mine is one of the newer ones they added a small bead of weld on the bottom to help with the issue. I don't have a lot of problems unless I am forcing grease down the trap or just cooking a ton of bacon.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    thetrim said:

Folks were will chastise you if you aren’t drinking their personal favorite whiskey...

So I should drink Old No. 7 then right? =)

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

ive modified two similar to this, raised the edge around the drain and added the pipe. if you know a welder in the area its a good mod. have them put a hook there as well for a bigger grease bucket

this is not my pic but i did steal ideas from it

then theres this =)

Image result for blackstone drain modification

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gym
    Options
    Thanks
    I'll have to take a look at mine when/if it arrives. I'm pushing for a while new unit. They may want to send me just the lower portion which would leave me with the newer style top with rear grease trap. I hope the new top is compatible with the old style base of this ends up being the case.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Gym said:
    Thanks
    I'll have to take a look at mine when/if it arrives. I'm pushing for a while new unit. They may want to send me just the lower portion which would leave me with the newer style top with rear grease trap. I hope the new top is compatible with the old style base of this ends up being the case.
    i dont see a reason that they would want the old unit back, when they replaced the top on my 17 inch they let me keep the old top which i swap out for when hard searing(the 17's used to warp when on the highest settings)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Gym said:
    Call Ron.  

Little Rock, AR

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Nice. Glad to hear they took care of you. I was just wondering about the outcome of this post the other day. 
  • Gym
    Options
    I want to thank @gmac and @mlc2013 for offering up your own Blackstone to sell me or bring one on a trip here to Canada. That was a very decent offer on your parts! Really makes me appreciate this forum, and the people involved. I hope I can offer help to someone on this forum one day too.
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    What genius told you to buy that at bed bath and beyond? You won’t get any help from bed bath and beyond most likely. That’s a store for freaking bath towels and bed sheets. Why didn’t you get it from walmart or amazon? You wouldn’t have any issues getting a replacement from them. At this point try calling, not emailing blackstone and see what they can do. I dunno if they will do much since you bought it from a 3rd party. I’m not trying to be a jerk. It’s just that a blackstone is a huge outdoor griddle. Buying it at bed bath and beyond is like buying fresh meat off amazon. Sure they sell it, but do you really want to???? Good luck I hope you can get it worked out. Blackstones are a fun addition to the egg.
    Fwiw bed bath and beyond have a lifetime return policy.  In OPs case not a good purchase because of the distance, but to anyone else with a local bbb, it's probably a GREAT idea to buy it there