Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Damaged Blackstone - Need advice

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Audi, Porsche and Dodge here...the trifecta!
    Ill see your three and raise you two (2) Audi's, BMW, GMC and Chrysler.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    Audi, Porsche and Dodge here...the trifecta!
    you can change your image with a little duct tape, it does wonders on a rover
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Ima have one myself now that @TEXASBGE2018 sobered up!  Good thing about buying at the BBB store is you can get a Shamwow and ScrubDaddy with your Blackstone!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Ima have one myself now that @TEXASBGE2018 sobered up!  Good thing about buying at the BBB store is you can get a Shamwow and ScrubDaddy with your Blackstone!

Oh I was sober the entire time.That's the sad and funny part. I can't speak for everyone else.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Lit said:
    Just a heads up bed bath and beyond has a great return policy. If you have the original receipt it’s pretty much like Costco they will take anything back. We returned something that broke after 4 plus years and they have us our money back. 
    It's a 7 hour drive for him to return it to BBB, then 7 hours back to his home. He is in Canada would also have to go through customs each way!  

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    thetrim said:

Oh I was sober the entire time.That's the sad and funny part. I can't speak for everyone else.
    I can, and they definitely weren’t sober!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited June 2018
    Options
    thetrim said:

I can, and they definitely weren’t sober!
    As if you know any of them...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Not fair, someone turned off the lights.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    DMW said:
    jeffwit said:
    Not fair, someone turned off the lights.
    And spun the paper. 
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    @Gym  Did you get anywhere?  The thread was getting ugly so I quit reading. Hope you get it resolved. Where are you?  

I’m in S. Ont and I brought a couple back from Michigan recently and have one new in box I will gladly sell for $350 Can which is exactly what I paid for it in $US ($249) with exchange. I know you paid for one and I hope you get your money back or a replacement but the one I have is there should someone want it. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    This was just a delightful read.  This place is great.  Funny thing too.  Got my BS at Cabellas. Thank you all.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    This was just a delightful read.  This place is great.  Funny thing too.  Got my BS at Cabellas. Thank you all.
    Cabellas? I heard they sell shirts.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    And bullets.
  • DMW
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    And bullets.
    Ahh, but do they have Bulleit?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    And bullets.
    Ahh, but do they have Bulleit?
    Alas, you must bring that in your flask.
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    gmac said:
    @Gym  Did you get anywhere?  The thread was getting ugly so I quit reading. Hope you get it resolved. Where are you?  

I’m in S. Ont and I brought a couple back from Michigan recently and have one new in box I will gladly sell for $350 Can which is exactly what I paid for it in $US ($249) with exchange. I know you paid for one and I hope you get your money back or a replacement but the one I have is there should someone want it. 
    So I'm currently left with 2 options... I can send back to BBB for a refund (they emailed me a shipping form today) or wait for the rep. in Alberta to get back to me about replacement parts. 
    BBB was on board to send me a new unit, but ended up not being able to fulfill this since they couldn't figure out how to get it across the border.
    Your offer is very generous. What city are you in?
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    If you ship it back, do you pay for the shipping? The question I would have if getting the replacement parts is, how banged up are the parts that appear to be okay? That box looks like it went a few rounds with the American Tourister gorilla.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1aRop-UbU
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    If you do get in touch with someone from Blackstone, be polite and professional. Let them know you chose their product based on the advise of many happy customers of their product. I sent a registered letter to the Maytag CEO and got a brand new French door refrigerator by being polite.
    Good luck !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Got my BS on eBay and they sell everything. I guess I’m a dumbass too!  

No no worries my wife still lives me!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    @Markarm4119 back before the internet, someone I know wrote a letter to a company because she was having trouble locating a certain shampoo. They had stop making it, but sent her a couple of cases of the stuff. It pays to be nice sometimes, however, there are times where the Dalton from Roadhouse approach is needed.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    @Markarm4119 back before the internet, someone I know wrote a letter to a company because she was having trouble locating a certain shampoo. They had stop making it, but sent her a couple of cases of the stuff. It pays to be nice sometimes, however, there are times where the Dalton from Roadhouse approach is needed.
    Overacting?
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Legume said:
    Overacting?
    Boo! That’s the Swaze you’re talking about!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    I was very polite with Blackstone on the phone today. They apologized for what happened. I would say they made an "effort" to help me.

@SemolinaPilchard BBB says no charge for return shipping (hopefully this is true). I couldn't agree more about assessing damage. I didn't know where to begin to ensure all damaged pieces were replaced without turning this into a long term project. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    One time I sent a letter to the maker of KY Jelly.  I think it was the KY company.  Anyway, the had this stuff that would get warm when you blew on it.. Anyway, not important.  The lady I spoke with, she was very nice, anyway, anyway...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    You know, that roadhouse kick at the end almost knocked dalton over, big guy didn’t move until he decided to fall.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    You know, that roadhouse kick at the end almost knocked dalton over, big guy didn’t move until he decided to fall.
    Everyone’s a critic.