Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - RIP Charles Krauthammer

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Whether you agreed with him or not, he did not dehumanize and was always respectful. I'll miss his commentary and perspective.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/william-kristol/charles-krauthammer-in-his-own-words

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• jeroldharter
    jeroldharter Posts: 556
    RIP Dr. Krauthammer.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

About as classy as you could get.  His goodbye letter is inspiring.

Phoenix 
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    He will be sadly missed here..
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    He will be missed. Who will fill the void he created? 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Guy was brilliant.  Had no idea he originally was trained as a psychiatrist.  He will be missed.  RIP.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    One of my favorites too.  I had no idea either, that he was wheelchair bound all this time.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• BigGreenBean
    BigGreenBean Posts: 117
    Can't agree more; very sad.  I make dinner at our house, typically with a beer and Fox News in the background.  I saw his commentary countless times on that show.  Besides being smart, witty, and incisive, he was by all accounts a thoroughly decent man.
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    It is an understatement to say that I did not agree with his political views. That being said his commentary was insightful, well thought out and reasonable. He was also a very decent human being. He will be missed indeed.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    He was smart, thoughtful, measured.  I didn't agree with the vast majority of his opinions either but I always respected his voice.  

He was by all accounts also very much a decent human being.  I caught this story on Twitter the other day that's worth sharing:

You'll have to click through (sorry) to read the whole thing, but the bottom line is that the letter he writes this guy's father after a bad accident is incredibly touching and uplifting.  Worth your time.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Botch said:
    One of my favorites too.  I had no idea either, that he was wheelchair bound all this time.  
    I didn’t  know either until a few years ago, the way he wanted it for sure. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    He was smart, thoughtful, measured.  I didn't agree with the vast majority of his opinions either but I always respected his voice.  

He was by all accounts also very much a decent human being.  I caught this story on Twitter the other day that's worth sharing:

You'll have to click through (sorry) to read the whole thing, but the bottom line is that the letter he writes this guy's father after a bad accident is incredibly touching and uplifting.  Worth your time.  
     Worth clicking through for sure.  Thank you for sharing.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806

Outstanding human being we all could learn from, especially with the adversity he faced and the attitude he went with therefrom.  Measured, kind, highly intelligent and well spoken.  Dry sense of humor that you'd miss if you weren't paying attention.  

RIP 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer