Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not Sure What To Call It Other Than Cheese Curd Meat Balls

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,025
My intention was to make some type of cheese curd Jucy Lucys. I didn't feel like going to the grocery store so I just rolled with what I had in the fridge. My next thought was some type of cheese curd bomb that was bite sized on a toothpick. Which I might still play around with for a fest but too much time and effort that I was willing to give this evening. So I just made some bigger sized meat balls and called it good. I stuffed them jalapeño, yellow and orange peppers, onion, and cheese curds. Seasoned with a brisket rub @DoubleEgger hooked me up with and some Swamp Venom. Sauced with a few different bbq sauce.

I really liked the cheese curd flavor and profile/shape it keeps when being cooked. It makes me excited for cheese curd Jucy Lucys. 

Thanks for looking!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Really creative brother Who. And it looks delicious!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Looking good! I’ll be fishing up there next week. I can’t wait to get some curds. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looking good! I’ll be fishing up there next week. I can’t wait to get some curds. 
    Enjoy the fishing and the solitude brother. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Nicely done!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@WeberWho I think that's what the kids mean when they say "amazeballs".  Great idea.

Just a PSA for others, I'm not in cheese curd country, but I get them from my local Costco.  (use them for Poutine)

Phoenix 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Looks great V!

Love curds, always part of the Dells squeeky cheeky treat offerings.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited June 2018
    Options
    No way I’m not opening a thread with that title. Those look fantastic. #curdnerd
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • WeberWho
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Really creative brother Who. And it looks delicious!
    Thanks bgebrent!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Thanks DoubleEgger! Hopefully you have a quite week before the mad dash of everyone going to cabins for the 4th

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    XC242 said:
    Nicely done!
    Thanks XC242!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited June 2018
    Options
    blasting said:

@WeberWho I think that's what the kids mean when they say "amazeballs".  Great idea.

Just a PSA for others, I'm not in cheese curd country, but I get them from my local Costco.  (use them for Poutine)

I like it Blasting. Amazeballs could work for a fest food name. 

Try throwing some cheese curds in the microwave for a few seconds to melt them. Than sprinkle on your favorite rub. Thank me later!  ;)

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    Looks great V!

Love curds, always part of the Dells squeeky cheeky treat offerings.

Thanks Focker! My wife and her friend are going to a craft beer/cheese curd festival this weekend in Wisco. That state doesn't mess around when it comes to curds

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    No way I’m not opening a thread with that title. Those look fantastic. #curdnerd
    Haha. Thanks Cen-Tex! 

Minnesota
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Amazeballs it is.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    edited June 2018
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Thanks DoubleEgger! Hopefully you have a quite week before the mad dash of everyone going to cabins for the 4th
    Thanks sir. My buddies cabin is on a feeder lake into Leech. It’s never too crazy there. Probably going to hit up Winnie as well since the visability is back down to 9’ from 22’ a few years ago.