Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Went by and visited Tom today

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,675
We are in Frisco (North Dallas) for a few days watching younger Granddaughter while Mom and older Granddaughter get registered at Texas A&M. 
Today after dropping off 4 teens to Six Flags Linda and I headed to the Ceramic Grill Store in Denton to see Tom. 
Lots of you have Adjustable Rigs and other cool stuff Tom is know for. 
Tom is one of the nicest people in the Egg world and a friend for lots of years. 
Got to recommend going to see his store and manufacture empire. Well worth the trip 
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Can’t wait to get up there when I’m visiting DFW. my oldest son is moving up there in a few weeks. May have to make a run up north when i help him move. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Options
    Can’t wait to get up there when I’m visiting DFW. my oldest son is moving up there in a few weeks. May have to make a run up north when i help him move. 
    Well worth the trip. The manufacturer part is something. Plus tons of grills and accessories 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,117
    Options
    I made the visit, spent well over an hour trying to decide what to do.  Nicest people
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    Hope to make the trip up there myself some day. 

@tjv has always been a swell guy to do business with. And that’s not a reputation that’s easily earned these days. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:
    Hope to make the trip up there myself some day. 

@tjv has always been a swell guy to do business with. And that’s not a reputation that’s easily earned these days. 
    You said that right!

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    @Mickey sounds like you had a good time. I love @tjv products. I have them on both my eggs Large and XL. I have more problems with my eggs than any of his stuff. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• EggbertGreenII
    Options
    I use a CGS adjustable rig in my XL and would never go back to the original plate setter or whatever it's called. 
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I still need to go up there in person. I've only ordered stuff online. How shameful of me. Maybe ill do that this weekend. Downtown Denton is nice to visit too.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    That would be fun to see. I just got my AR earlier this year.  I wanted all the bits and pieces and he just wouldn't upsell me.  Don't worry, in the end I ordered everything I wanted, I use it all, and am a very happy customer :)  I can (and do) cook on 3 levels, indirect, in my large BGE.  
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,688
    Options
    Go there are learn all the possibilities with the rig.  You can watch the YouTube videos--they help--but it's another story when Tom shows you how all that stuff works in person.
  • BulletGrillHouse
    Options
    Full agree with the comments here, stopped by a couple of years ago, great tour and knowledge.  Spent much more than planned.
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    TOM is a rockstar in egg nation!
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I enjoyed the visit Mickey, always fun showing folks around. 

thanks to all for the kind words, it is sincerely appreciated. 

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    blind99 said:
    That would be fun to see. I just got my AR earlier this year.  I wanted all the bits and pieces and he just wouldn't upsell me.  Don't worry, in the end I ordered everything I wanted, I use it all, and am a very happy customer :)  I can (and do) cook on 3 levels, indirect, in my large BGE.  
    How are you set up for three levels on the AR?