Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SURVEY: Dads, This Weekend, Are You Egging or Making Reservations?

1235»

Comments

• lkapigian said:
    Sorry about my post, it never really happened just a bad taste joke, meant no offense and I sincerely apologize to all..

I thought it seemed out of character of you.

Flint, Michigan
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2018
    DMW said:
    We decided to go to IHOP for breakfast/brunch. Figured the food would be what's expected and shouldn't take long. It's been over 40 minutes since they took our order and we still don't have our food. So, if you are ever in Kona, avoid the IHOP.
    Why **** about anything spending Father's Day in Kona.  Us poor bastards are having to deal with lighting eggs and cooking.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    logchief said:
    DMW said:
    We decided to go to IHOP for breakfast/brunch. Figured the food would be what's expected and shouldn't take long. It's been over 40 minutes since they took our order and we still don't have our food. So, if you are ever in Kona, avoid the IHOP.
    Why **** about anything spending Father's Day in Kona.  Us poor bastards are having to deal with lighting eggs and cooking.
    Sorry if this came across as complaining, and I can see how it did. Fred asked about plans for father's day and I shared. I let some bitterness about the wait come through.

Fred, so sorry about your mom. Hope things get better. Also, props for all you are doing for her.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Went to Salt Lick today
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    lkapigian said:
    Sorry about my post, it never really happened just a bad taste joke, meant no offense and I sincerely apologize to all..

I thought it seemed out of character of you.

Thanks @Fred19Flintstone
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154
    Had plans to cook for my dad and mom for my first Father’s Day, but a huge storm rolled in and had to use the gasser.  Still had a good time though.  
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2018
    logchief said:
    Egging and imbibing, put a Costco Prime Point in this morning.

Finished up nicely, plated up for my bride in her recliner after a knee replacement and enjoying it.  Happy Father's Day to all.

Tater salad with jalapeno, capers and cilantro, Fresno St. Univ. farm corn (best around).  Now I get mine.  Was done at 190 in about 6.5 hrs.  I like doing these small points for just the 2 of us and lots of leftovers for sammies and snacking.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA