Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need some help and suggestions

Options
So I have been talking with some people in a group chat about food and they have asked me if I would smoke a brisket for an event next month. I am fine doing it and I think I could do it well but I'm just not sure on how much I should charge. I've told them that if I am supplying the meat that it would be the price + cost of meat and that they would pick it up once it is done. They said they r fine with that and that it sounds good but I'm not sure how much I should charge for doing it. I did smoke some meat for a friend for a holiday but I just charged $20 plus price of meat and I was planning already planning to be smoking something at the time so it was only a little more work to smoke the meat for my friend before I did mine. This time I don't have plans to smoke so I would be setting it all up just to do this smoke and I don't want to ask to much but I don't want to charge to little. Has anyone had any experience with this and know what a fair price would be to charge.

Comments

• PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 356
    Options
    Are you a part of this group? Or a better question would be, are you a part of this group in regards to the event they want you to cook for?
    I would do a single cook for a group I am involved in for no charge plus the meat cost. If there are any more after that I would ask for some small compensation.
  • MnMmaster
    MnMmaster Posts: 16
    Options
    Well I am not going to be at the event. In a way I am apart of the group but not the group asking if that makes sense.