Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco for the win!

Options
2»

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Well Rockwall doesn’t have them.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Well the great Texas Brisket God saved your a$$es again.  Clearly the deal did not make it up here even as I enjoyed the alternative back road drive to Costco.  In fairness they had around 15 good looking (for the great majority) prime grade house briskets but once I saw the check-out line (virgin Friday PM trip to Costco) I abandoned ship.  Figure Monday many will still be there (or not).  Ready service locker is in good shape.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Well Rockwall doesn’t have them.
    Actually I found them but they where all 20lbs. So I settled for prime beef ribs this time

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Half of them at my Costco were $4.29 lb. I bought them all. I have 8. Lots left at $4.99 though :)

You just spent (by my estimation) $500 for Briskets? I'm in the wrong business.
    $450 (edit for typo of $550) but they are not all for me:). I couldn’t eat all these in 2 years. I don’t do as many as I used to. I’ll take 4 of them and 4 are for other forum friends and my neighbor. I am teaching a class tomorrow so they might get lucky (but I doubt it). I bought 2 nice Meyer all natural
    lrime for them for $5lb. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Well the great Texas Brisket God saved your a$$es again.  Clearly the deal did not make it up here even as I enjoyed the alternative back road drive to Costco.  In fairness they had around 15 good looking (for the great majority) prime grade house briskets but once I saw the check-out line (virgin Friday PM trip to Costco) I abandoned ship.  Figure Monday many will still be there (or not).  Ready service locker is in good shape.  
    I do a ton of business with Costco and have a friend that sells them a ton of food. They buy all food regionally to ensure freshness and relevance and They buy everything else at the corporate level. Would seem that we would be in the wheel house for an upscale brisket regional  buy. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - it never gets old,  "Better to be lucky than good any day."  And the corollary ," If you have a choice between lucky and good, take lucky every time." 
    He!!, we can't even get a deal with brown water.  But onward and upward.  
    Have a great weekend and Father's Day.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Looks like good burger meat to me.