Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Egghead Rub and Sauce Exchange

Comments

• Once you get your draw, you can send anonymous messages so you can ask your draw if they are ok with you sending that. 

Little Rock, AR

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Biggreenpharmacist, thank you
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • EggMcMic
    EggMcMic Posts: 340
    I am in again. Had a great experience last year with this exchange and am looking forward to another!
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Oh Yeahhh !  I made it !

Gonna be fun !!   Always is !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Im gonna need several flat rate boxes. Or one big one 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    mlc2013 said:
    Looks like my shopping is done and I didnt even register yet
    Dalmatian Rub!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • mlc2013
    lkapigian honestly that is all I put on most of my steaks albeit fresh crushed pepper and himalayan salt, but I was going to make one with basic Dalmation rub as you call it to see if I could tase the difference in salt and pepper, Im thinking no
    Long Island NY    
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    SWMBO thinks that I am crazy for doing this on back-to-back years. She asked "how many rubs do you have up there?" I replied not enough 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    lkapigian said:
    mlc2013 said:
    Looks like my shopping is done and I didnt even register yet
    Dalmatian Rub!
    Sure hope i get you for my draw.  :o
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • mlc2013
    northGAcock just to be clear the salt was 3.75 oz and thats over 3 times the amount pepper you get, what else could one ask for.

(the best part of this is that non of you know who I am and if I'm serious or not and I'm loving every minute of this).

A quick BIO:
    A stalk dropped off this little (ok ok big boned or as I like to say easy to find) bundle of joy to my loving parents and after I ate them out of house and home they pawned me off to my unsuspecting wife. Now some 40+ years later a lot of my friends think I'm a huge A$$hole but they're still my friends, now either their desperate and or lonely and need friends or maybe I'm not such a big A.H. as they say I am. If you were to ask my wife she would say that they mostly hang around me because I bought a BGE and I like to Grill and Smoke and always have a lot of food and a full bar in the basement. She also claims that if I didn't get her and keep her drunk the first few years we dated she wouldn't have married me, and now its to late to leave me (again I'm a good cook).

Long Island NY    
  • lkapigian
    mlc2013 said:
    lkapigian honestly that is all I put on most of my steaks albeit fresh crushed pepper and himalayan salt, but I was going to make one with basic Dalmation rub as you call it to see if I could tase the difference in salt and pepper, Im thinking no
    For a twist, smoke it. I smoke all kinds of spices, SPG comes out great...12 hour cold smoke

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • mlc2013
    lkapigian
    challenge accepted:
    equal parts of SPG? what type of wood? how long does it hold after smoked? sorry for the questions I'm trying to learn as much as I can (that is before I get booted from the forum)
    Long Island NY    
  • lkapigian
    edited June 2018
    mlc2013 said:
    lkapigian
    challenge accepted:
    equal parts of SPG? what type of wood? how long does it hold after smoked? sorry for the questions I'm trying to learn as much as I can (that is before I get booted from the forum)
    2 part kosher Salt 1 part  Granulated Garlic .5  part Course Pepper ( example 1 cup Kosher Salt 1/2 cup granulated garlic 1/4 cup course pepper ) ......The smoke dissipates a bit over a few weeks, but it does not last that long--I smoke it based upon what I am cooking that week

Use the wood you like- I use Oak or Maple in my A-Maz-N smoker
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • mlc2013
    lkapigian I just read that again and you did say cold smoke.. something I now have to look into as I only have a few eggs and a gasser in my arsenal as of now and don't believe or know how to cold smoke with them, but that may change soon Thanks for the recipe
    Long Island NY    
  • lkapigian
    mlc2013 said:
    lkapigian I just read that again and you did say cold smoke.. something I now have to look into as I only have a few eggs and a gasser in my arsenal as of now and don't believe or know how to cold smoke with them, but that may change soon Thanks for the recipe
    you could hot smoke it, but one of these in your eggs is a life saver if you want to coldsmoke

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • mlc2013
    just order one ill let you know for $30.00 how can I go wrong (being I'm only sending $5.00 in the rub exchange it pays for itself)
    Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    lkapigian now your going to have to explain to me how to use it before I lose a few hours of my life you tubing it
    Long Island NY    
  • lkapigian
    mlc2013 said:
    lkapigian now your going to have to explain to me how to use it before I lose a few hours of my life you tubing it
    Fills with about 1 LB of pellets ,light one end ( there is a hole@ the end) with a torch , I can get up to 12 hours of smoke

https://youtu.be/LuPn0tgZQMQ
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    mlc2013 said:
    northGAcock just to be clear the salt was 3.75 oz and thats over 3 times the amount pepper you get, what else could one ask for.

(the best part of this is that non of you know who I am and if I'm serious or not and I'm loving every minute of this).

A quick BIO:
    A stalk dropped off this little (ok ok big boned or as I like to say easy to find) bundle of joy to my loving parents and after I ate them out of house and home they pawned me off to my unsuspecting wife. Now some 40+ years later a lot of my friends think I'm a huge A$$hole but they're still my friends, now either their desperate and or lonely and need friends or maybe I'm not such a big A.H. as they say I am. If you were to ask my wife she would say that they mostly hang around me because I bought a BGE and I like to Grill and Smoke and always have a lot of food and a full bar in the basement. She also claims that if I didn't get her and keep her drunk the first few years we dated she wouldn't have married me, and now its to late to leave me (again I'm a good cook).

I use a lot of salt this time of year in my ball (boiled) peanuts.  ;)

Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • mlc2013
    lkapigian thanks for the video hopefully will be cold smoking in the next week or so.
    Another reason why I love this forum
    Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    northGAcock did you say boiled peanuts?? If by chance you get me in the exchange, I also accept boiled peanuts!!!!! The one thing I forgot I loved from my days living in FL was everyone of my neighbors boiled peanuts, I was a little kid so never thought about making my own or learning how to. I forgot about them completely until reading this, and now Im going to have to look into that as well. I wish I didn't love food so much, maybe I would actually get work done instead of stalking all the forum posts. But my tailor loves it because every time I go on a diet (wife mandated) I just really go to him and say take out my pants again, my dryer must really shrink this material
    Long Island NY    
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Is it rubs and sauces or rubs or sauces? I.E. does the exchange need to be both?
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Last year I went a little heavier with sauces than rubs. I was trying to stay local and the local barbecue has one rub and four sauces. This year it looks like it will reverse and in addition I will include some jerk paste. Not trying to stay completely local this year. Now if I knew my recipient I would have all weekend to customize my offerings?
  • milesvdustin
    Walmart sells the amazen smoker tubes now. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    gdenby said:
    Is it rubs and sauces or rubs or sauces? I.E. does the exchange need to be both?
    @gdenby totally dealer's choice.  Most people send some of each.  Pack glass bottles carefully!  My box smelled soooo good after one of the sauces broke :) 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Well I went by Rouse’s tonight. Let’s just say that the $35.00 minimum is a speck in the rear view mirror. A lot of local flavor with a few surprises. The check out boy was impressed and commented that he had used a particular sauce. They do have Dukes Mayo but I will only buy that if needed.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Bump to the top
  • milesvdustin
    I have access to Dukes, guess I will need to ask my recipient if they crave it

• mlc2013
    do tell what is this Dukes? 
    Long Island NY    
  • northGAcock
    edited June 2018