Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sabauce (Tandoori) Chicken Thighs

I recently was given a bottle of Sabauce marinade to try out and it was fantastic. Very rare to find something that I'll immediately re-order for myself and this was one of those products. Check them out at https://www.sabauce.com/

Best way I can describe it is an amped up Tandoori marinade. The bottle comes with a marinade bag, a small packet of seasoning and a lime for finishing it off. I marinated bone in chicken thighs for about 6 hours, then grilled raised direct on the large egg @ 350. Sprinkled a little of the spice and drizzled with lime juice. Bam! I was unsure about the little crack packet of spices, but it really did enhance the flavor.

Have been eating leftovers all week for lunch and people keep commenting on the fantastic smell. 

little "crack" packet of spices to finish

Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    I wonder if the "crack pack" is Chaat Masala. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Ordered. We make our own but I have to see what this is all about. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Looks graet
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • zahulio
    zahulio Posts: 135
    Chicken looks delicious! I never knew how valuable a finishing rub is until I tried in in Karachi Bam Chicken. It adds an initial layer of flavor that really magnifies the chicken. 
  • What is the heat level? Wife has a hard time with spicy heat, checking to see if this is something she would like
    Boynton Beach, Fl
  • SonVolt
    edited June 2018
    My wife's mother is the same way - can't take anything spicy. She gets boiled chicken glazed in mayonnaise. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Great job on the cook. Ordered.
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    edited June 2018
    What is the heat level? Wife has a hard time with spicy heat, checking to see if this is something she would like
    Very minimal heat level if any at all. I'm a chilehead so I'm not the best judge for a normal palette but my 5 year old ate 2 pieces without slowing down or breaking a sweat

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    SonVolt said:
    I don't think so - there was no chile pepper heat to it. It was a bit salty/vinegary. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    SonVolt said:
    I don't think so - there was no chile pepper heat to it. It was a bit salty/vinegary. 
    I'm wondering the same. I usually finish with  a sprinkle of chaat masala (or something similar) too. It typically doesn't have much heat to it - more salty, sour, and pepper flavors. 

A sprinkle of chaat masala is great to add to all kinds of things BTW e.g. eggs, popcorn, chips, etc.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SonVolt
    Yup, many Indian restaurants sprinkle Tandoori chicken with Chaat Masala. Great stuff. 
  • got my bottle yesterday. came with a lime and the "crack dust". Can't wait to try it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Finally. Tomorrow’s the day. 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    This is good stuff... found some at a local spices shop and gave it a try...  Not hot but good spices.  Unfortunately (more food for everyone else), my spousal unit cannot endure ANY pepper. Our grand-daughters and I enjoyed the results of the cook.  The spice pack is as @caliking described!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    so many recipes and different ideas to try and not enough meals in the day. Looks great i need to try this going to order the sauce now

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18