Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food storage "Brilliance"

Options
2»

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Focker said:
    How long have you been able to keep brown sugar in one of these? Mine stays usable for quite a while just wrapped tightly in the original bag. But I NEVER get through the whole bag before it hardens. Tempted to just mix sugar and molasses "to order" whenever I need brown sugar. 
    The one I have for brown sugar has a terra cotta disk that you soak in water. I’ve only had it for a little while but it seems to work well. 
    I see clumps!!!
    It needed a resoak. I forgot about it until I saw your post. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:
    How long have you been able to keep brown sugar in one of these? Mine stays usable for quite a while just wrapped tightly in the original bag. But I NEVER get through the whole bag before it hardens. Tempted to just mix sugar and molasses "to order" whenever I need brown sugar. 
    The one I have for brown sugar has a terra cotta disk that you soak in water. I’ve only had it for a little while but it seems to work well. 
    I see clumps!!!
    It needed a resoak. I forgot about it until I saw your post. 
    I'm just messin' around.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SmartyPantz
    SmartyPantz Posts: 145
    Options
    I stopped reading after, "Ever get rock hard"?  and thought what the H - E - double hockey sticks kinda post is this?!
    When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
    XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
    Williamsburg, VA
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I stopped reading after, "Ever get rock hard"?  and thought what the H - E - double hockey sticks kinda post is this?!

Exactly why I said "brown sugar", ~phew~"
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave