Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biggest and Best Green Egg dealers

Options
Tspud1
Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
Any suggestions on who the biggest dealers are around the country? Looking at doing a sales trip to some.

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Well, I mean technically wouldn't ACE be the biggest?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Tspud1
    edited June 2018
    Options
    They are hard to get in to at corporate level and individual stores wouldn't be worth a trip. I have hit local ones with no responses. Not even a return email. Kind of like Smitty's in your area. I stopped in, sent info then nothing.
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Big dealer in Norcross, GA ???
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Wassi‘s is the biggest in FL, I think.  They have a tight relationship w Challenger.  Give em a call and ask for Joan.  Great people. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    @Tspud1

It would be awesome if you could get a SKU for your Blackstone cover and get it into Wal-Mart..

You could retire tomorrow...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I think BBQ's Galore is pretty big. They have tons of stores on the west coast and even several here in Texas with more planned. Other than that I would just go to the Mothership's website and scope out who the Platinum Dealers are in any given Major Metropolitan Area. There is bound to be some repeats.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    i think All South is the biggest in Alabama, I am pretty sure they big store is in Birmingham.  if your coming through Huntsville let me know and yall can stop in for some dinner.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Tspud1
    Options
    billt01 said:
    @Tspud1

It would be awesome if you could get a SKU for your Blackstone cover and get it into Wal-Mart..

You could retire tomorrow...

They would just knock it off in China
  • Tspud1
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Kent8621 said:
    i think All South is the biggest in Alabama, I am pretty sure they big store is in Birmingham.  if your coming through Huntsville let me know and yall can stop in for some dinner.
    I would love it. Sold several in Birmingham area. Went to Huntsville for soccer tournament many years ago.

I think BBQ's Galore is pretty big. They have tons of stores on the west coast and even several here in Texas with more planned. Other than that I would just go to the Mothership's website and scope out who the Platinum Dealers are in any given Major Metropolitan Area. There is bound to be some repeats.
    Been doing that but word of mouth cant hurt
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    We are not big but would be interested. I’ve flirted with the idea now for several years. I have a need for flat top covers too. I think we are ready. Would love to go over options with you though, as there are many. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    BGE corporate wont help you with that info?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I think Sullivan's hardware and chef jj's are the big ones in the Indy area.  I will send you the name of the Sullivan's contact I have he is a great guy. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Why do you equate biggest with the best? There is a lot more to being a great dealer besides size.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Atlanta grill company is the largest egg dealer in the world in Roswell Georgia. They used to be Roswell hardware but just changed their name. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Why do you equate biggest with the best? There is a lot more to being a great dealer besides size.
    Volume. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Lit said:
    Atlanta grill company is the largest egg dealer in the world in Roswell Georgia. They used to be Roswell hardware but just changed their name. 
    Its Yuge!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Volume. 

Exactly.  He's trying to sell a product.  Who cares if you have the best customer service if you can't move units
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Tspud1
    Options
    We are not big but would be interested. I’ve flirted with the idea now for several years. I have a need for flat top covers too. I think we are ready. Would love to go over options with you though, as there are many. 

I'll see if I can get up there in near future. Went to 4 dealers in Peoria a couple of months ago, no response. Message me on the flat top covers
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Lit said:

Thats one I was thinking of. I may try them but the new egg modular tables may be a problem
  • Tspud1
    Options

I dont, but advertising budget allows for more bang for the buck on large dealers. My local dealers dont sell many eggs much less a high dollar accessory.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If I want a new fridge I'll hit up All South in Huntsville, but if I'm looking for a BGE and want a real person that knows his **** then I'm going to All Sport, the Yamaha dealership in Decatur AL.  I was looking for a high-end drop-in grill for our outdoor kitchen a few years ago and the salesmen at All South didn't know jack.  Ended up going to Embers in Nashville and was not disappointed. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    maybe ceramic grill store and or the dizzy pig store, lots of folks migrate there if in the area
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Any suggestions on who the biggest dealers are around the country? Looking at doing a sales trip to some.
    You've already been the best.....who cares about the biggest??  Haha
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    What about the Atlanta grill company.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Wait till they open the new store later this year......holy crap is it going to be something!!  The owner sent me pics of the new building.  WOW!!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    BBQ Outfitters in Austin.  They sell a lot of high end outdoor kitchen stuff, lots of different grill brands and surrounded by people with disposable income.
  • Tspud1
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Wait till they open the new store later this year......holy crap is it going to be something!!  The owner sent me pics of the new building.  WOW!!
    Where is new store going to be located?
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @stlcharcoal Gary seems like a great guy.   He seems to have just about everything.   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

I'll see if I can get up there in near future. Went to 4 dealers in Peoria a couple of months ago, no response. Message me on the flat top covers
    Not surprised by that. The dealers ive been to around here just see the egg as another grill.  If you heppen to come back to the area drop me a line. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    If she's telling you size doesn't matter, she's lying.
    NOLA