Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

With heavy heart, selling our almost like new large egg

13»

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Half the people on here don’t cook on BGE’s or even Komados. Stick around and have some fun with us. 
    Many don’t even cook at all!! :smiley:

my point in saying that @bjeans is that I am sure  you would still be welcome here, no matter what you cooked on. 

BUT... there’s no such thing as “smaller egg, fewer sparks”. It just takes *A* spark.

Do what you feel is enjoyable, otherwise there is no point. Don’t let the rest of us clowns talk you into anything else. It’s your money, time, house, etc. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    I say get a Blackstone.  This is actually an Egg&Blackstone forum, with honorable mention for Rocco Box and Insta-Pot ..... or folks like me.  I eat out everyday and use the microwave exclusively at home.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • I say get a Blackstone.  This is actually an Egg&Blackstone forum, with honorable mention for Rocco Box and Insta-Pot ..... or folks like me.  I eat out everyday and use the microwave exclusively at home.
    Sous Vide...
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Go with your gut. You’ll never be comfortable if you don’t. I have both of mine on wooden decks and my lake house is surrounded by trees. I freaked one night when a shower of ashes came blowing out thru the bottom screen due to using the end of a bag of RO. This was right after seeing all the pics and stories on here about the fires users had. 
  • Stubby
    Stubby Posts: 134
    For sure stick around and have some fun with us.. 
    XL.......for now

Kernersville, NC
  • bjeans
    bjeans Posts: 191
    edited June 2018
    I say get a Blackstone.  This is actually an Egg&Blackstone forum, with honorable mention for Rocco Box and Insta-Pot ..... or folks like me.  I eat out everyday and use the microwave exclusively at home.
    Okay, I will look into a Blackstone - or something, gee. Squirrels ate the wires - not hose - in our last Weber gas grill. I thought about a very small pellet grill for a minute. 

Meanwhile, I have an electric Farberware Open Hearth Broiler and rotisserie that I bought on unused on ebay a while back, just like my parents’ when I was a kid. I only used it a couple times to make Peruvian spiced rotisserie chicken, which was fall-off-the-bone tender with crispy skin, though of course doesn’t compare to the that great egg flavor. I also tried it skinless and the outer part of the meat crisped up nicely. Oh - it has a kabob attachment too.

Maybe I’ll put it outside on the Challenger for steaks and make pretend. 

Again, thanks everyone for the help, options, pricing info, friendliness. 

BTW, tried to post a couple days ago but kept getting a weird message. The egg and all its stuff was picked up this morning by a couple who drove a few hours to get everything. As excited as the husband was, it made it easier to give it up. Apparently his relatives are all Traeger grill people, but he wanted the journey as much as the destination. I hope he joins in here. 

Beth
    Ex LBGE owner and current BGE liker 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Doh! I live near you @bjeans and woulda bought this! 

Darn.  Missed opportunity, but glad to hear you found a buyer.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    bjeans said:
    I sold two larges recently for $600 each. 
    Thank you - Eggs only? 
    Each had a nest, daisy wheel, upgraded Rutland gasket, and cap. One had a platesetter with it, the other a woo and a pizza stone. One had been used a dozen times, the other had a brand new firebox, fire ring, and charcoal grate. I cleaned them up so they looked brand new. So often I see people list dirty grills. A solid cleaning goes a really long way. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Lol funny commercial. Looks like camp chef upped their pellet game 
  • bjeans
    That’s great. Makes me want one. 
  • bjeans
    Great commercial - we might visit one (Traeger). 

Made burgers on the Farberware Open Hearth Broiler last night. Fun, fast, easy. But. Well, you know. 
  • bjeans
    edited June 2018

bjeans said:
    I sold two larges recently for $600 each. 
    Thank you - Eggs only? 
    Each had a nest, daisy wheel, upgraded Rutland gasket, and cap. One had a platesetter with it, the other a woo and a pizza stone. One had been used a dozen times, the other had a brand new firebox, fire ring, and charcoal grate. I cleaned them up so they looked brand new. So often I see people list dirty grills. A solid cleaning goes a really long way. 
    Our egg went home with its adopted owners. It looked excited to go for a ride (their photo). I was pretty obsessive about scraping the grids, and ran them and the Woo, extender, etc. through the dishwasher. And it had a cover, so stayed clean. Bye egg! 

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Sad to say you have to update your signature line to Formerly LBGE  :|
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen