Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pig Shots

Options
SSQUAL612
SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
An ole Navy Buddy was passing through the other day for work so I threw on some short ribs, Chucky & some pig shots.   Made a few more today with a little extra Swamp Venom & I’m going to try a pepper jelly with em.  Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend. 

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 

Comments

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    That looks like a tasty multitasking.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options
    Damn sir that's a clean looking grate.
    O-Town, FL

• SmokeOnTheMountain
    Options
    My grate hasn’t looked that clean since I bought my egg!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Pig shots are awesome. Very nice. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Great groceries right there.  I gather you guys behaved for this visit.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great groceries right there.  I gather you guys behaved for this visit.

We fished for golfers so I’d say well behaved for a couple of Bubbleheads.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That all lools pretty awesome!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning SSQUAL612:

Looking delicious...for my pig shots I don't use cream cheese (not a fan of it)...I will normally used smoked gouda cheese cut into small cubes mixed with honey & chopped pulled pork...this is then topped with a brown sugar/pepper (or DP Raising the Steaks rub) mixture...very tasty.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSQUAL612
    Options
    SSN686 said:
    Morning SSQUAL612:

Looking delicious...for my pig shots I don't use cream cheese (not a fan of it)...I will normally used smoked gouda cheese cut into small cubes mixed with honey & chopped pulled pork...this is then topped with a brown sugar/pepper (or DP Raising the Steaks rub) mixture...very tasty.
    Ya...I take grated Parmesan & press into the cream cheese where it’s almost a 5050 mix.  I seasoned liberally with Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub & topped off with DP Swamp Venom.