Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Remembering Those Who Died For Our Country ! Enjoy Memorial Day

lkapigian
lkapigian Posts: 10,708
Started off with a Prime Brisket ( That's my Reynolds Gasket in front

20 pounds of Italian Sausage waiting to be stuffed 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Looks awesome brother!
    Salute to the troops!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited May 2018
    Murph Challenge on Saturday AM in tribute to fallen hero Michael Murphy.
    Sunday Rockies game.
    Monday - brisket, friends and a day of remembrance for the fallen.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg 
  • lkapigian
    My dad joined the Navy in 1935.  His first post was the battleship California.  He was aboard the California until mid-October, 1941, when he was transferred temporarily to some sort of school in Washington D.C.  Six weeks later, the California was sunk at Pearl Harbor. 102 of his shipmates died that day - he had been on the California for more than 6 years...  May God bless all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
    Smokes Rolling All Weekend !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Amen!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    I'm rockin' that same gasket right now! Your's looks much more professionally installed than mine. Now that it's finally warming up I'm running out of excuses to replace it.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lkapigian
    I'm rockin' that same gasket right now! Your's looks much more professionally installed than mine. Now that it's finally warming up I'm running out of excuses to replace it.
    That's Frigging Hysterical ! ( sshhhh don't tell @RRP ....we can start selling our Reynolds Gaskets )
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Stuffed and drying...some of the best I've made....wished I would have taken notes 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 355
    That looks great, you leave the brisket rapped in paper for the cook? I haven’t cooked a brisket yet, but have read a bunch of methods on the forum. Still not up for that challenge.
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 355
    My dad joined the Navy in 1935.  His first post was the battleship California.  He was aboard the California until mid-October, 1941, when he was transferred temporarily to some sort of school in Washington D.C.  Six weeks later, the California was sunk at Pearl Harbor. 102 of his shipmates died that day - he had been on the California for more than 6 years...  May God bless all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
    It’s strange how fate saves people from tragic events like that .
    My father was on a Submarine named the Scorpion out of Pearl in the 60’s. They were going out on patrol when my mother broke her ankle, with 3 kids at home and preggers with me. My father switched out with a friend so he could stay and help out. Reports vary on what happened, but the sub was lost with all hands. My father’s name was still on the roll that was given out for the memorial after it happened. He still breaks down a little when he sees that paper in his memorabilia.
  • lkapigian
    That looks great, you leave the brisket rapped in paper for the cook? I haven’t cooked a brisket yet, but have read a bunch of methods on the forum. Still not up for that challenge.
    I wrap after the stall...if I have time I use butcher paper, if I want to bump the cook, it gets foil
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    edited May 2018
    It’s strange how fate saves people from tragic events like that .
    My father was on a Submarine named the Scorpion out of Pearl in the 60’s. They were going out on patrol when my mother broke her ankle, with 3 kids at home and preggers with me. My father switched out with a friend so he could stay and help out. Reports vary on what happened, but the sub was lost with all hands. My father’s name was still on the roll that was given out for the memorial after it happened. He still breaks down a little when he sees that paper in his memorabilia.
    My dad never talked about it.  In fact it wasn’t until after he died and I obtained a copy of his service record that I pieced it all together.  No doubt it haunted him.  My dad stayed in the Navy, through Korea, and then his final job was pushing recruits at Bainbridge NTC.

I was a kid, but I remember the story of The Scorpion.  I just looked it up - 50th anniversary was just last week.  I can’t imagine.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Salute
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lkapigian
    My Slow grilling buddies hanging out

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • BobDanger
    BobDanger Posts: 323
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • BobDanger
    Sorry tried to post a video but cant figure that out.:o
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • lkapigian
    BobDanger said:
    Sorry tried to post a video but cant figure that out.

Click share, copy link, then paste link in comment box
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • BobDanger
    Don't want to hold any post up...but don't see share.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • lkapigian
    edited May 2018
    Doing absolutely nothing, and loving it ( well a shot and a beer at 7am) ever so grateful for those who gave their lives so we can do this...interact across the nation from our back yards

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    edited May 2018
    Another Day Of Nothing....Thanks for those who gave their lives so we can 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Rib Eye seasoned with Oak Smoked SPG and Homemade Italian Sausage

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    lkapigian said:
    Rib Eye seasoned with Oak Smoked SPG and Homemade Italian Sausage

You are living large my friend!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Great tribute.  Stepdad flew B17 D-Day and bombed Berlin.  Thank you to all who have given to our great country.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga