Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cold smoked whiskey on the BGE

Options
got a 6” amazn pellet tube smoker for doing some cold smokes in the large bge along with some peach wood pellets. 

Saw some different approaches so I landed on pouring the bottle into a glass casserole dish and stiring the whiskey every 15 min to help the smoke absorb into the liquid, total smoke time was about an hour. 

The video i watched said an hour wasn’t enough but in the egg with stiring this was more than enough as lots of smoke flavour set into the whiskey. I ended up blending a little non smoked back in to dilute it slightly so in hindsight 30-45 min is probably plenty. 

the result is a significantly improved inexpensive whiskey for either drinking on it’s own, for mixing or for spritzing my next pork shoulder. Either way an experiment I’ll be sure to replicate moving forward 

Comments