Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain Eggfest begins

Comments

• SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Butts for Cubans done and Abt’s on
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    We’re over in Clayton and it is raining cats and dogs here - hope it’s not coming your way.  See you soon!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SmokinTiger81
    It hit here     Probably on and off to start day
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    How's the cell coverage there?  I'm looking forward to some great updates.  have a great time.  Don't forget to tip your servers!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    The sun has arrived and it is a great day for an eggfest
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • thetrim
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SmokinTiger81
    Some Cubans finishing up
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    @SmokinTiger81. One of the hardest working guys at the Eggfest!  Cooking solo and cranking out great food all day!
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    I’m back at home now with a full belly kicked back in my recliner. Met a lot of goods folks and ate even better food. A+ event.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited May 2018
    took a few pictures after the eggfest. Here is one of @Jupiter Jim riding b!tch to @JRWhitee

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    took a few pictures after the eggfest. Here is one of @Jupiter Jim riding **** with @JRWhitee

Valid registration.... nice. 
  • northGAcock

• SmokinTiger81
    Brent/Piney--I missed the doughnuts again!!..  Oh well, guess I will have to go again next year.   Great to see you guys and everyone else.  This remains a tip top can't miss eggfest, put it on your calendars for next year.  Even with the bad weather forecast (which we dodged other than the downpour before the gates opened for the public), the crowds still seemed very heavy to me--at least very close to last year if not more.  I am sure John will have a total count at some time for us.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Looks like y’all had an awesome time! 

Good to see see some familiar faces in the crowd. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • mheller
    mheller Posts: 6
    As a long-time lurker, I wanted to pass along my thank to all the cooks at the Georgia Mountain Eggfest.  It was my wife's and my first Eggfest, and my brother and his wife flew in from Arkansas to attend with us.  I already knew it from reading this board, but my wife mentioned how it seems like the Eggheads sure are a good-natured, fun-loving gang!

The food was fantastic, and it was fun to recognize some of the handles on the board.  We had a great time, and plan to come back next year.  Maybe we'll even cook!
  • SmokinTiger81
    @mheller--it is a great event to cook at.  I have cooked in Atlanta several times, but it is a different "corporate/commercial" type event.  Ga Mtn fest is just fun--a can't miss event.  If you decide to cook, beware--cook's registration normally opens midnight New Year's eve and is full very quickly.  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Brent/Piney--I missed the doughnuts again!!..  Oh well, guess I will have to go again next year.   Great to see you guys and everyone else.  This remains a tip top can't miss eggfest, put it on your calendars for next year.  Even with the bad weather forecast (which we dodged other than the downpour before the gates opened for the public), the crowds still seemed very heavy to me--at least very close to last year if not more.  I am sure John will have a total count at some time for us.
    Greg,
    Sorry you missed the doughnuts.  I'll make sure that doesn't happen next year.  I did not miss your shrimp & grits this year.  It was stellar!  Great to see you again too.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SmokinTiger81
    Brent, I will get on your text alert for doughnuts next year, LOL.  Glad you liked the shrimp and grits, thanks for the kind words.  Funny story, while waiting for S&G to cool so I could serve, lady at front of long line talked to me for several minutes about the recipe.  I explained it all to her.  Then after all that, she says she does not eat grits, she might just make it with rice.  Yuck!  Talk about screwing up a good recipe--lol.  She did not even want to taste, she said she would just hang around for the cubans as that was what she really wanted.  Too funny, go figure.    
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    Like Mheller stated, the cooks did a great job.  The food was very diverse and inventive.  I was extremely impressed and full I might add.   It was our first egg fest as well and the wife and I had a great time. The crowd was very laid back and friendly.  We will be back.  Hoping for some more of this next year.  
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Jeremiah said:
    A few more of the butt blasters:
    What a great time with GREAT friends! Love our Egging Life.........

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• northGAcock
    MotownVol said:
    Like Mheller stated, the cooks did a great job.  The food was very diverse and inventive.  I was extremely impressed and full I might add.   It was our first egg fest as well and the wife and I had a great time. The crowd was very laid back and friendly.  We will be back.  Hoping for some more of this next year.  
    Another great event for sho!

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    This is the first Eggfest outside Cincy the better half and I attended. We had a great time, the weather was beautiful and we met some great people. Thanks Robin for the adult beverage, it hit the spot. Fred made a point of commenting on how friendly and nice everyone was-plus the weather was spot on. What a beautiful venue! Big thanks to @CincyTiki for the EggFest tumblers-you and Linda are great! Hope to see you, and other Eggers at Porkopolis Fest in June!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • northGAcock
    evie1370 said:
    This is the first Eggfest outside Cincy the better half and I attended. We had a great time, the weather was beautiful and we met some great people. Thanks Robin for the adult beverage, it hit the spot. Fred made a point of commenting on how friendly and nice everyone was-plus the weather was spot on. What a beautiful venue! Big thanks to @CincyTiki for the EggFest tumblers-you and Linda are great! Hope to see you, and other Eggers at Porkopolis Fest in June!
    Glad you enjoyed the Bloody and the fest. See you again next year!