Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st attempt. BlackStone Smashed Burgers.

Options
Kevinboatright
Kevinboatright Posts: 278
edited May 2018 in EggHead Forum
This is my 2nd cook on my 1st griddle. 

I have a few small things I want to change up for the next cook..... but WOW I’m loving these, it just has a good classic burger flavor. 
It gives me two great options for burgers between this and the BGE. 

Also tossed some onions, squash, and zucchini on there as a side. 

Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Blackstone smash burgers are the stuff. We cooked some last weekend.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    They are the best. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • JustOneOfTheGuys
    Options
    Lookin goood!  Much better than my first try..  I got overly zealous with the smash and they turned out to be, well let’s just leave it at that...
    Southwestern CT
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    All you guys and your blackstones...

...you make me want to build a bigger patio so I can get one!  =)
    or you could buy a 17" which is very potable and doesn't take up much space.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    KiterTodd said:

...you make me want to build a bigger patio so I can get one!  =)
    Or find the 22in with the stand like I did.  Everyone on this site talked me into getting one and I'm glad everyone did. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACKSTONE-22-TABLETOP-WITH-HOOD-LEGS-AND-BULK-ADAPTER-HOSE/179647360
    Atlanta, GA 

• Stubby
    Stubby Posts: 134
    Options
    Damn that looks great.. Well another "tool" to add to my growing grill list.. 
    XL.......for now

Kernersville, NC
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Stubby said:
    Damn that looks great.. Well another "tool" to add to my growing grill list.. 
    Ya, That's the best and worst thing about this place. You hear about cool new kitchen tools and then have to spend your hard earned money on them. In the last week I've bought (A Thermoworks MK4 Thermopen, a banneton for proofing bread, a bakers couche for proofing baguettes, a kitchen scale, and a fixed blade lame) Next up will be a Sous Vide. Then eventually another egg and Im sure in between all of this these kind folks will figure out something else for me to buy.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    That's more than an attempt. GOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Out of stock.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • PBandJ
    PBandJ Posts: 92
    Options
    The website says out of stock but I went to two local Walmarts and they both had them. Of course I had to bring one home.
    Woodbridge, Va.
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    2nd attempt.

Atlanta, GA 

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    A griddle smashed burger will beat a grilled thick burger every day of the week.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    KiterTodd said:

...you make me want to build a bigger patio so I can get one=)
    Solid plan.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    2nd attempt.

What’s the green stuff by the fork?  That doesn’t belong with smashed burgers :)
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    gmac said:
    What’s the green stuff by the fork?  That doesn’t belong with smashed burgers :)
    <guffawing!>  I agree!  I try to eat some healthy stuff sometimes, a fair bit of the time, really, but sometimes you just gotta go for a greasy burger, extra cholesterol on the side...
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options

Love to make smashburgers on the Blackstone! Yours look killer!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Those look great, I need to try them.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    @fence0407 how dis you form those patties on that right side burger? They look like diner style! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    @fence0407 how dis you form those patties on that right side burger? They look like diner style! 
    Thanks! Honestly, I'm not exactly sure I probably just formed them by hand. I might have just gotten lucky on this one! 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA