Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Missed the Royal wedding

Tspud1
Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
Didn't have much interest. 

Comments

• gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    The wife got up at 3 am for it i think...smh
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    I heard it was some time this month. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Did someone give them an XL for a wedding gift?
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Royal wedding? Do you mean Royal Oak?
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    The original kardashians.    Parasites who add zero value to society
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Imagine how much $$ they saved having it in the middle of the night. 

Phoenix 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Not a fan of the monarchy, but still there is something special about a Royal Wedding. Other than being son of Lady Di, the People’s princess, Harry is an accomplished soldier, not afraid to get his hands dirty even though born to priviledge. Interesting that the largest support for the royalty from Brits is those on the right of the political spectrum the Conservatives generally support the Royals by over 80%. 
    In Canada, the cost is about $100M a year for the Governor General and the 10 LGs and does seem like a waste of money. On the other and, it does give us a feeling of being different from our American cousins.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Loved it.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Had to work but, my Wife and our friend watched it and DVR'd it.  The Kardashians are trash. The Brits keep it classy. I liked the fact that they had a minister from Chicago.  Preach on :prayer: I'm sure there were many people that had never experienced energy quite like that in a religious setting.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Not a fan of the monarchy, but still there is something special about a Royal Wedding. Other than being son of Lady Di, the People’s princess, Harry is an accomplished soldier, not afraid to get his hands dirty even though born to priviledge. Interesting that the largest support for the royalty from Brits is those on the right of the political spectrum the Conservatives generally support the Royals by over 80%. 
    In Canada, the cost is about $100M a year for the Governor General and the 10 LGs and does seem like a waste of money. On the other and, it does give us a feeling of being different from our American cousins.  
    OK, so he seems like a nice bloke, but why does that mean his wedding has to be on TV? The royals are convinced that they are different and better than the rest of us. The foundation of our class system, designed to keep the commoners down where they belong.  It's all a bit out of date now, unless you are the North Korean or Syrian dynasties that are only just getting started.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Brings that country a TON of tourism........probably a pittance of an expense when you factor that in.  Hard to see that much history and tradition anywhere else in the world (at least within walking distance or a short drive).  Been all over Europe, and there's always plenty to see in London.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited May 2018
    When was it?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eoin
    Brings that country a TON of tourism........probably a pittance of an expense when you factor that in.  Hard to see that much history and tradition anywhere else in the world (at least within walking distance or a short drive).  Been all over Europe, and there's always plenty to see in London.
    The royals also 'own' large chunks of the country, apart from the money they are given. Plus, the history works fine without the royals, which is what most tourists come to see.

The rest of the argument isn't about cost / benefit, it's about the system that is there to protect entrenched privilege - the opposite of the American ideal. It's the big difference between the UK and the US and why you guys are (on average) richer than us.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    I bloody slept through it!!  8 - (
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    It’s hard to believe that some people still cling to the idea that there is a magic vagina ordained by God that makes anyone who pops out of it special. 

That said, the old bird is tough as nails and I do respect her for that and Harry seems like the type that would love to share a pint and watch for the clear smoke from the BGE with you. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Eoin said:
    The royals also 'own' large chunks of the country, apart from the money they are given. Plus, the history works fine without the royals, which is what most tourists come to see.

The rest of the argument isn't about cost / benefit, it's about the system that is there to protect entrenched privilege - the opposite of the American ideal. It's the big difference between the UK and the US and why you guys are (on average) richer than us.

"...protect entrenched privilege - the opposite of the American ideal."

I like your nostalgic view of the USofA. :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• You mean that was today?!?!.. crappers what am I going to do with my invitation now... =)
    Southwestern CT
  • Eoin
    HeavyG said:
    Eoin said:

"...protect entrenched privilege - the opposite of the American ideal."

I like your nostalgic view of the USofA. :)

It can't be as bad as here.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    In celebration, I've rubbed tomorrow's brisket with elderberry blossoms.  Anxious to taste it!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    As they say, I didn't have a dog in the fight.......so I skipped it.
  • Tspud1
    But i did watch thd FA Cup final at Wembley
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    I watched it and enjoyed it.
  • Tspud1
    Too early to drink?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    My wife woke up and watched it. She has been texting back and forth with her friend over in England.

I changed oil/filter, greased, replaced blades, and washed the mower instead. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    I was really tempted to wake up early, but since it's my birthday, I thought "Fvck that sh!t."  Ok.  I would have thought the same thing any other day as well.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Not my royal family but I think Harry would be a better King than his inbred father.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    WeberWho said:
    My wife woke up and watched it. She has been texting back and forth with her friend over in England.

I changed oil/filter, greased, replaced blades, and washed the mower instead. 

@WeberWho I don't know how old your mower is, but it looks new.  Clearly I'm lazy - I've never washed a mower in my life.

Phoenix 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    The only time I hosed off my tractor was when I accidentally shot wasp & hornet killer all over it.
    Flint, Michigan