Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- You can't make this up-Five letter shipping company again-OT

Options
2»

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    lousubcap said:

BTW- Rockwood uses FedEx and yes the 3 bag delivery ends up at the front door when not at a neighbors house.    

Negative......we use UPS. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    GrillSgt said:
    I’m guessing the box was delivered correctly but a strong breeze of .01 MPH blew it over. 
    I think they just interpreted the arrows to mean "Point towards House".

I am just glad they delivered it to MY house this time. I am batting in the sub .300s on that.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    I stand corrected re: Rockwood-matter of fact I got confused as when ordering in a previous life from Firecarft it was FedEx and all the joys that brings.
    Direct from Rockwood it is UPS and spotted right on the money every time.  
    My apologies.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    GrillSgt said:
    I’m guessing the box was delivered correctly but a strong breeze of .01 MPH blew it over. 
    I think they just interpreted the arrows to mean "Point towards House".

Apparently it means point to the West on the West coast.

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    Never had all the issues you guys have on shipping.
    Too many retired or work from home neighbors doing the Gladys Cravitz thing (nosy neighbor) for thieves to be a bother.
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Five letter delivered today so they’re consistent.  Going to give FOGO a try...ordered yesterday & delivered today so that part is top notch.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I have four packages inbound from the west coast:  one with USPS, one with UPS, one with FEDEX, and one TBD.  They'll take a while to get here, but I'll update as the deliveries start to happen. Nothing is either perishable or breakable, but you never know what can happen.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    We've use Fedex. They delivery on Saturday to residential in most US - ya'll like that.  We find Fedex a smidge faster on some routes. We also have better luck when a problem arises with Fedex.  With UPS it's basically, the USPS way or the highway.  USPS tries but they are light box carriers. 

It really doesn't matter what labels, stickers or info you put on a box.  With some delivery folks, it makes it worse than better, and that's across all carriers.  When is the last time you gave your delivery person a $20 gift card, it can help. 

For the folks in the delivery trenches, it's all the problems noted in the USPS motto but with heavy-ass boxes.......not a fun job.

t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.