Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2lb Cowboy Ribeye

SurfingEgg321
SurfingEgg321 Posts: 55
edited May 2018 in EggHead Forum
Rubbed with Wassi’s Steak rub, reverse sear 250 degrees, finished in a cast iron skillet with some Sea Salt Banner Butter. It was Rubbed with Wassi’s Steak rub, reverse sear 250 degrees, finished in a cast iron skillet with some Sea Salt Banner Butter. It was amazing

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Yes sir.  Way to bring it home.  That is a banquet right there.  Congrats.  Money shot for the win.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    I'd smash every bit of that. Great job!
    Las Vegas, NV

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Soooooooo NICE!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,830
    That’s a nice little appetizer you’ve got there. And perfectly cooked. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Just awesome!!!!
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Now that’s a steak!  Looks perfect.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,745
    I feel like you should lose points for not eating that thing right off the bone (I mean, isn't that what the handle is for?), but that looks really fantastic. Great work!
    Stillwater, MN
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 355
    Looks like a great cut of meat, and an awesome cook. Any sides with that , or was that the whole meal?
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Nice job. Only thing is you are supposed to eat it right off the bone. Guess you'll have to cook anther to get it right .
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    That is PERFECT! Thanks for showing us.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I’m going way out on a limb and will say that did NOT suck! Bravo!
  • SmartyPantz
    SmartyPantz Posts: 145
    My Man!  That looks like it turned out great!
    When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
    XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
    Williamsburg, VA
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Nailed it! Had someone send me gift pack of Banner Butter. Good stuff!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    That looks fantastic! Wow. Just WOW!

What was the internal temp when you finished the reverse sear?
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    That's one beautiful steak. Thanks man!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • SSQUAL612
    I'm going to have to check out the Banner Butter.   I'm a big fan of Reverse Sear and like the  crust you get with the finish CI Pan Sear and normally use GHEE or Clarified Butter because of the high temp smoke point, but I saw the Banner Grill Lovers Collection so think I'll give it a shot.  Thanks for sharing this tip. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • 1voyager said:
    That looks fantastic! Wow. Just WOW!

What was the internal temp when you finished the reverse sear?
    I actually didn’t check internal after the sear, before the sear I was getting all different temps in different areas. Anywhere from 120-140. Once every probe check got to at least 125 is when it went to the hot cast iron!
  • SSQUAL612 said:
    I'm going to have to check out the Banner Butter.   I'm a big fan of Reverse Sear and like the  crust you get with the finish CI Pan Sear and normally use GHEE or Clarified Butter because of the high temp smoke point, but I saw the Banner Grill Lovers Collection so think I'll give it a shot.  Thanks for sharing this tip. 
    It definitely added some good flavor. Love their products
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Dang I'm hungry!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Awesome Steak!  Great pics too...
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,895
    Don't know how I missed this. Dang -  have the Wassi's Steak rub but not the Cowboy Ribeye. Get that at Wassi's also?? If so, I have to get one or two. That butter shot in the second picture is killer. Thanks.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SSQUAL612
    Well the Banner Butter will have to wait until I get to Texas.  I was going to order the "Grill Lovers Collection" to try it out but $42.00 shipping charge is too steep for a $28.00 purchase.  I'll be relocating someday and I see some stores that stock it so until then the GHEE will have to work.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Not a surprise, but that steak looks even better a second time!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow