Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Electric Kool-aid Acid Tests no more

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
Tom Wolfe, dead at 87.  He made new journalism famous with his counterculture novel. 
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Tom Wolfe, dead at 87!  He made new journalism famous with his counterculture novel!
    FTFY
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    "Get on the bus"
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    I really did like his style, of writing...
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    I read "E K-a A T" more than I few times. I read some of his earlier stuff too. Didn't really care for "Bonfire." After awhile, found the story was more interesting than the verbiage.

Wandered into a presentation he was giving. Just really couldn't dig the foppish clothes style.

Got to talk to the Keseys, Mr & Mrs, for a few minutes. Can understand why Wolfe liked documenting them. Very down to earth !Really!, but with a remarkably broad frame of reference. Have to imagine that the rest of the Pranksters were equal. And Cowboy Neal, what would it have been like in a chat between Dapper Tom and sledgehammer filppin' Neal? Or Maybe thats why Tom got all cityfied.

Thanks Tom, for a glimpse of the road on Further.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Wonderful writer.  "The Right Stuff" is my favorite, although "Mau mauing the Flak Catchers" is also very entertaining.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)