Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Pillows strictly done on the Big Green Egg

Options
Egghead_Ty
Egghead_Ty Posts: 41
I’m sure most people are familiar with these but I wanted to enhance them by making them on the Egg.

1.  Cut 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts into fine pieces.  I cooked the chicken with some blackened seasoning and a sliver of butter on my plancha griddle at 250F degrees till just barely done and removed to mixing bowl 

2. Next mix thoroughly with 1 tablespoon of dried minced onion, 1 tablespoon of dried chives, and 1 8oz package of softened cream cheese. 

3. Take a roll of pillsbury crescent rolls and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.  Use 2 triangles of dough and fill with 3 tablespoons of the chicken/cream cheese mixture and fold dough pinching all cracks tightly closed.  (Be sure to get the perforations between the two triangles of dough extremely well.)  Now take your chicken dough balls and dunk them in a bowl and melted butter.  Next transfer them to another bowl of Italian breadcrumbs and roll around until completely covered.

4.  Next set the egg up for indirect baking with the temperature at 325F degrees.  Place the chicken pillows even spaced on to the baking stone and place directly on the plate setter and bake at 325F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. 

5.  While the chicken pillows are baking simmer one can cream of chicken soup mixed with 1 packet of chicken gravy.  

6.  Serve chicken pillows topped with the double chicken gravy and enjoy!

Comments