Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak and Double Baked

Options
EggNorth
EggNorth Posts: 1,535
Simple Steak and Double Baked potatoes today.

Happy Mothers Day!  
Dave
Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)

Comments

• Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    Simple Steak and Double Baked potatoes today.

Happy Mothers Day!  
    Dang, that looks GOOD! What temp and did you have to use the plate setter at one point?
  • EggNorth
    Options
    I baked the hole potatoes in tin foil with salt, pepper, oil and Herbes De Provence - In the Mini Max, indirect at around 500.   Let them cook until about 200 internal.  I think it took about 1.5 hrs.

Had the large doing chicken breast for the week, direct at 500 also heating up for the steaks.   

Cut the potatoes in half, removed the potatoes and mixed with butter, pepper, fried onions, cheese and steamed broccoli.  

Once the steak was almost done, put the potatoes on the large to melt the cheese.   

Served with sour cream.   Very good!!

Thanks
    Dave
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks delicious.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Very nice....question for you. If only melting the cheese, do the potatoes pick up any smoke flavor? I guess I should as about the foiled cook time as well. Guessing not?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    That all looks wonderful!  I've never done that kind of potato, and I don't know why.  They always look just wonderful to me.  And the steaks look great!
  • EggNorth
    Options
    Very nice....question for you. If only melting the cheese, do the potatoes pick up any smoke flavor? I guess I should as about the foiled cook time as well. Guessing not?
    In this case, no.   Had them wrapped.  I have smoked them in the past but this time I had the steak going.   Should have put the steak on the Mini Max to finish like I usually do, but  I just put them on as the steaks where finishing.

I have put oak in there in the past with potatoes once they where fixed up and that was great.
    Dave
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    hole potatoes...they're my fav B) Nice job