Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Any Stihl BR600 Magnum backpack owners here? :OT

2»

Comments

• Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Anyone have any advice on getting my leaf blower to run at full throttle?  I have pulled the carb out and cleaned it, put a new air filter in it, put a new spark plug in, put a new fuel filter in. And I’m running clean fuel with a splash of sea foam.   The thing runs great to about 3/4 throttle then just dies out when I try to go to full throttle.   
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Stihl's are nice and the BR600 is good, but lacking.  

The Redmaxs have had the edge over most for sometime now.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hoster05 said:
    Anyone have any advice on getting my leaf blower to run at full throttle?  I have pulled the carb out and cleaned it, put a new air filter in it, put a new spark plug in, put a new fuel filter in. And I’m running clean fuel with a splash of sea foam.   The thing runs great to about 3/4 throttle then just dies out when I try to go to full throttle.   
    This may sound silly, but that condition could be from a clogged spark arrester on your muffler.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    Hoster05 said:
    Looking at the manual for my BR400 your problem may be your H (high speed adjusting screw) the one on the left slightly above your choke knob is set too lean. To overcome that problem turn the screw very slowly counterclockwise.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597

Did not want to confuse the issue but you friend know your blowers.
      Sold the Stihl and bought redmax EBZ8500, that thing will blow you out of your shoes! I sat in on a service meeting at Stihl once and they said "really how much power do you need".... I wish they would strap one on and go butt deep into wet oak leaves for a hour!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867

Sold the Stihl and bought redmax EBZ8500, that thing will blow you out of your shoes! I sat in on a service meeting at Stihl once and they said "really how much power do you need".... I wish they would strap one on and go butt deep into wet oak leaves for a hour!
    I used to mow on the side for a while. You use what gets the job done faster.  When you're in a deep pile, you want that grunt. 

My brother had a BR600 stolen and replaced with EBZ8500. He said that was a blessing. Haha. 

I personally don't care for the 4mix stuff. The trimmers are too heavy on don't rev as quick as a 2 cycle. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791

@RRP
    Just wanted to say hello ole buddy. Hope you are doing well. As always, please forgive the hijack. Thought you might enjoy a few pics from offshore. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Quite impressive!!! How many of you guys reside there and for how long? What do you do in your time on there when you are not working?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    RRP said:
    Quite impressive!!! How many of you guys reside there and for how long? What do you do in your time on there when you are not working?
    There are 328 Allseas employees on the vessel. There is 18 clients for TransCanada (I’m one of the 18). There is approximately 80 various employees that are support contractors. I have been on here 35 days as of today. I have about 30 days, give or take a few either way before I tag out. 
    There is a few things to do on our time off. This vessel actually has a bar that serves alcohol when in foreign waters. 

Got a sauna. 

Got a few games. 

There is also a gym, library and basketball court on the bow. I haven’t took pics of them but I will. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    alaskanassasin said:. I wish they would strap one on and go butt deep 
     :o  :ohstop:
    Jacksonville FL
  • RRP
    As it stands right now - the fair priced BR600 stands at $500 at several retailers here. The BR700 runs $560 and is more than what I need even for the mere $60 more. While the Redmax ebz8500 sounded intriguing, we don't have a dealer in our locale. So my decision just boiled down to the reputable local businesses which carries Stihl. BTW if anyone wants to know more then my research put the ECHO product as a coin flipper with the BR 600. Also some worry warts who told me and it turned out to be true that Husqvarna now owns Redmax.
  • alaskanassasin

I used to mow on the side for a while. You use what gets the job done faster.  When you're in a deep pile, you want that grunt. 

My brother had a BR600 stolen and replaced with EBZ8500. He said that was a blessing. Haha. 

I personally don't care for the 4mix stuff. The trimmers are too heavy on don't rev as quick as a 2 cycle. 

Oh yeah the trimmers are boat anchors! I like the Stihl pole trimmers though, heavy but bullet proof.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Dobie said:
    alaskanassasin said:. I wish they would strap one on and go butt deep 
     :o  :ohstop:
    Oh man you got me there! I have to watch what I say with this crowd! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    Your old one probably needs a carb rebuild. Should run $100-150. 
    Epilogue:
    For a mere $16.99 I bought a whole new carb from Amazon. That included gaskets, fuel line, fuel filters, and spark plug. No directions came with it so I just "reverse engineered it" LOL. I now have my old BR400 running like a striped *ss monkey!