Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Anyone Into Vinyl?

Options
2»

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Botch said:
    ... McIntosh AMP and Klipsch La Scalas. 

Impressive!   B)
    McIntosh is high dollar stuff. Looked at it briefly when I bought my current Anthem/Paradigm equipment and realized my ears couldn’t tell the difference. Was also looking at B&W 800’s at the time. 

@Botch

I have an Oppo-105D and a couple of SACD’s and you’re right, they do sound amazing. It’s sad that the format is dying. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    AT-LP120 USB, Technics Linear tracking, B&O and a Garrard With McIntosh AMP and Klipsch La Scalas. A few vinyl albums hanging around!

I always drooled over the large Klipsch speakers.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    AT-LP120 USB, Technics Linear tracking, B&O and a Garrard With McIntosh AMP and Klipsch La Scalas. A few vinyl albums hanging around!

Klipsch are a bit bright for my ears, but when loads of sound pressure is called for, they deliver!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Klipsch are a bit bright for my ears, but when loads of sound pressure is called for, they deliver!
    Many decades ago I used to dream about building a house with a room specifically designed for a pair of Klipschorns.

I must say I'm a bit surprised that they still make them. The longest continuously produced speaker in the world (at 70+ years) as it turns out. And, still made in the USA!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    We never left vinyl.  The Sansui 5000A amp that Lloyd got in Japan (while on RR from Nam), the Garrard 95 turntable and the Klipsch floor speakers still work and the sound as good today as it did 40 years ago. The moral:  Purchase the best, take care of it and it will last you a lifetime.  The some of records have suffered....too many parties and way over played.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Botch said:
    ... McIntosh AMP and Klipsch La Scalas. 

Impressive!   B)
    OLD SCHOOL! 
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    We never left vinyl.  The Sansui 5000A amp that Lloyd got in Japan (while on RR from Nam), the Garrard 95 turntable and the Klipsch floor speakers still work and the sound as good today as it did 40 years ago. The moral:  Purchase the best, take care of it and it will last you a lifetime.  
    Agreed.  I bought a pair of "new Advents" and Yamaha electronics in 1979, still using them in 2010 when I upgraded to 5.1.  Advents weren't made anymore, so I got a Monitor Audio Silver setup, and new electronics (Yamaha, of course, plus the Oppo disk player).  
    Like my older Nikon glass, I expect this stuff to outlast me.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I've kept my system, but it's going soon as I never use it these days.
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Botch said:
    We never left vinyl.  The Sansui 5000A amp that Lloyd got in Japan (while on RR from Nam), the Garrard 95 turntable and the Klipsch floor speakers still work and the sound as good today as it did 40 years ago. The moral:  Purchase the best, take care of it and it will last you a lifetime.  
    Agreed.  I bought a pair of "new Advents" and Yamaha electronics in 1979, still using them in 2010 when I upgraded to 5.1.  Advents weren't made anymore, so I got a Monitor Audio Silver setup, and new electronics (Yamaha, of course, plus the Oppo disk player).  
    Like my older Nikon glass, I expect this stuff to outlast me.  
    I've still got my Advent Large that I got in the same time period - late 70's. Had to redo the foam once as the OEM stuff rotted away after 25 or so years.

I've also got an Oppo (BDP-103 with a mod chip I added to make it region free) and was sad to hear that Oppo is leaving the marketplace. It's been a great piece of gear.

• SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Too bad you not close to CA, Atomic Records in Burbank CA is the only place to buy any and all vinyl. I practically live there, Google them
    Never been there. Now Amoeba Records on the other hand...... =)
    South SLO County
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    just unpacked a new Marantz Professional CD player I bought from Amazon.  about to hook it up.
    Options

Options
    1200 albums in abescedarian order.