Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Acacia Table - Thoughts?

Options
Hey guys,

Anyone have thoughts on the Big Green Egg Acacia Table (Hardwood Tables - Acacia | Big Green Egg)?  I know, I know, I could build my own for less money and make it way better.  I just don't have the time and want something quick and easy.

Local dealer says it can be mine for $450.  So for the money, are there any better options (besides building my own)?

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    They're nice.  Don't forget the expense of a cover, casters, and table nest too.  That's not always included in the table price.

The new modular tables are nice too, but they'll be more expensive.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I concur. The acacia tables are quite nice. I'm not convinced you can build them cheaper with the same materials. IDK. 
  • OshawaDave
    OshawaDave Posts: 198
    Options

Prior to buying mine I rationalized it this way: At the very least I would need BGE nest and side trays which would be $400 (CDN), the Acacia Table was $600, including nest and casters. So for $200 I got a table. cover was extra.

I think it was the right move and overall good value for money.

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    The Acacia table is our best table value, by far.  The new modular system offers a lot more storage space for a bit more money.  I am impressed with the modular system.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    i built the table in my picture for around $350. it is all cedar and concrete top.  that includes to all the drawer slides for the three pull out shelves and 2 large drawers.  I can share my drawings for if you want or scale it to one egg also.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!