Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Egg Life...and DizzyFest.

Options
After getting my first EGG in 1998, getting hooked on this forum and the Big Green Egg company, I have been totally consumed. Since we started competing professionally on the KCBS circuit in 2002, we've been lucky enough to be invited to the JD World Championships 8 times, and have also been fortunate enough to win 15 Grand Championships, all cooking on EGGs. 

I have not had much time to post on the forum here like I used to, and it wasn't my intention to wax poetic like that, but after a few days of cranking wrenches to assemble most of 45 EGGs to be cooked on at DizzyFest Saturday, I realized I had to share the experience I am feeling right now. BGE has been behind us all the way, and for a very long time, and that is a lot of years. All of these EGGs will be smoking on Saturday, and I think that is super cool. I have no other words except for pride, and thanks to this entire community for making it cool to be an egger.

Only 3 more larges to go :)

Hope to see some of y'all Saturday!
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Looking forward to Saturday, Chris.  See you then. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    THAT is VERY impressive, Chris! I'm sure you already know this but having 45 eggs smokin at your Eggfest is no little Eggfest by any means! Even though I didn't become an egger until 2000 I feel I know you! I even recall the early sharing you did of rub formulations. Sometimes I order rubs direct from you and other times to support my local dealer I buy from them figuring that way I benefit both of you!

May you have a great time at your own shop and on the BBQ circuit!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Travel safe @johnnyp

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks @RRP  Hard to believe it's real, but it has been a long time and a lot of relationships. After 17 years of competing, we are dialing back a little though. It gets a little like Groundhog Day after 160 competitions. We are only doing a couple a year now, but will be trying to hold our own at the DC BBQ Battle this June.

If you get out this way (Manassas, VA) please pop your head in. Would be cool to shake your hand. Appreciate the kind words, and cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    After getting my first EGG in 1998, getting hooked on this forum and the Big Green Egg company, I have been totally consumed. Since we started competing professionally on the KCBS circuit in 2002, we've been lucky enough to be invited to the JD World Championships 8 times, and have also been fortunate enough to win 15 Grand Championships, all cooking on EGGs. 

I have not had much time to post on the forum here like I used to, and it wasn't my intention to wax poetic like that, but after a few days of cranking wrenches to assemble most of 45 EGGs to be cooked on at DizzyFest Saturday, I realized I had to share the experience I am feeling right now. BGE has been behind us all the way, and for a very long time, and that is a lot of years. All of these EGGs will be smoking on Saturday, and I think that is super cool. I have no other words except for pride, and thanks to this entire community for making it cool to be an egger.

Chris

Now that picture makes me drool.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 just wait until 25 cook teams get smoking on Saturday. That is the point I look most forward to. They should all have fires in them, and there is some talent involved with these cooks. Cheers!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Chris you have always impressed me with your talent in the spice world and Egging life. Some day Kay and I will be at your Egg fest. Proud is an under statement. Egg On Brother.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Nature Boy
    Options
    @Jupiter Jim  thank you brother! You are always welcome up in these parts, Fest or not we'll figure a way if you find yourselves in this Godforsaken crazy area! Cheers

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options

Chris

We tend to forget 45 eggs means --- 45 boxes to be opened, cardboard and pallets to be recycled, 45 nests and bands to be put together, and 45 egg bottoms to be lifted into the nests. Then you can put them together for the photo. If you did those by yourself you are a machine! Enjoy DizzyFest because you deserve it.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks @SamIAm2 . I am feeling a little like a machine actually, but my hands are tired...so I am officially NOT a machine :) Yes, piles and pile of cardboard. Trash bags full of plastic wrap and straps. Okay....our full size dumpster is full of it :) Every bolt on all those EGGs are tight. I promise :)

Headed home for a good night's sleep. Cheers! Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    That is impressive for sure.  I’d really like to make it to one of your fests some year.  Love your products - use the rubs all the time.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    Strong work Chris! I’m very much looking forward to my first DizzyFest, and bringing the MiniMax home after the cool down! See you Saturday!!

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Thanks @SamIAm2 . I am feeling a little like a machine actually, but my hands are tired...so I am officially NOT a machine :) Yes, piles and pile of cardboard. Trash bags full of plastic wrap and straps. Okay....our full size dumpster is full of it :) Every bolt on all those EGGs are tight. I promise :)

Headed home for a good night's sleep. Cheers! Chris

Oh boy! With a full dumpster are you sure Mad Max wasn't snoozing in their?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @Nature Boy Chris I have been to your awesome store and met your awesome staff.  Thank you for advancing what we're all trying to do here.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Can’t wait, my first eggfest and my first trip to DP. It’s a 4 hr drive and I am bring a Large back with me. This is gonna be a great weekend. 
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• Woody
    Woody Posts: 125
    Options
    Congrats and enjoy the fest.  I have enjoyed your products for the last couple years.
    Not sure where you are located, might want to add that to your signature.
    Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    always been my favorite rubs.

New Holland this year?
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    @JMCXL May be a little damp, but think it won't be an issue for most of us! Look forward to seeing you. Travel safely. @Woody thanks much! We are in Manassas, VA (about 30 miles West of DC). @Zippylip thanks brother. We are all signed up for New Holland. Hard to believe it will be our 17th straight year competing at that contest. Hope to see you there man! It's 8/24-25 this year.
    Back to DizzyFest prep!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
     I am always jealous of people who can make it big doing something they really love, congrats!
    Jacksonville FL
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks @Dobie It sure is rewarding, and often fun, but it has not been without challenges. The phrase "If it was easy, everybody would be doing it" rings in my ears often to remind me about fighting through those challenges :) Hope you get up to visit sometime.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Did you get the black off your fingers last night before you went to sleep? Those band nuts had my fingers covered last week helping with the Sunshine State Eggfest. Forget about that every year, I am old so there is that. :) Have fun tomorrow, hope you have nice weather.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Nature Boy is on the Mt Rushmore of Eggers...IMO.  Good luck on your upcoming Eggfest, you can rest next week. LOL

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Nature Boy
    Options
    @SamIAm2 No black, but hands look like they have done some work! @SMITTYtheSMOKER appreciate the kind words sir. Yeah, next week is, indeed, time for a little more rest!! Cheers. Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Lvnthedrm
    Lvnthedrm Posts: 153
    Options
    How did it go Chris? (@Nature Boy). I'm sure it was a blast. Have been to a few. Couldn't make this year's. My large is one of your demo eggs from quite a few dizzyfests ago. 
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    Thanks Chris, awesome time and the weather held up! Excellent cooks and no one went hungry!! You and your staff did a fantastic job. MiniMax is at home next to her large brother:-)

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE