Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BLACKSTONE 22" TABLETOP WITH HOOD, LEGS, AND BULK ADAPTER HOSE at Walmart $147

I picked up one of these yesterday.  Looking forward to trying it out.  Here's the website and info.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACKSTONE-22-TABLETOP-WITH-HOOD-LEGS-AND-BULK-ADAPTER-HOSE/179647360

22" Table Top Griddle with Hood and Legs also included is the converter hose to go from a one pound tank to a 20 pound tank. Blackstone 22" Table Top Griddle with Hood, Legs, and Bulk Adapter Hose 
  • The 22" griddle is quick and easy to clean up taking the hassle out of outdoor cooking. 
  • 330 sq.in. of cold rolled cooking surface with duel 'H' burners that produce a total of 21,000 BTUs for fast and even cooking.
  • 22" Griddle has a unique rear grease management system for easy clean--up while cooking. 
  • With a hood and legs you can take your griddle anywhere with easy set up and take down.
  • Also including a bulk adapter hose so you can use a quick 1 lb tank or a 20  lb tank easily.

Comments

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    I have the 17" and use it frequently.  If I didn't have the 17" I'd be all over this.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Love mine!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    @obbrown55 can you tell me the dimensions without the stand.  I am interested but I cant find the measurements without.  want to make sure it fits inside my table.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Between my black stone and my egg I hardly ever cook inside the house anymore!!!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I have the 17 and wish I had more real estate. Also wish it had another zone. Considering an upgrade
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Chubbs said:
    I have the 17 and wish I had more real estate. Also wish it had another zone. Considering an upgrade
    22" really is nice size upgrade over the 17".
    I really like my 22 compared to the 17 I sold.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    love my 36" I picked up from Wally World for 125...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Kent8621 said:
    @obbrown55 can you tell me the dimensions without the stand.  I am interested but I cant find the measurements without.  want to make sure it fits inside my table.
    The base is 22" wide, 16.25" deep but the regulator adds about 5" to the right side where it attaches to the base.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2018
    I like the integrated hood.
    Tempting to complete the collection...
    I'll probably grab one for $50 this Fall, then CL the 17. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JohnH12
    JohnH12 Posts: 213
    I just got the Blackstone Tailgater for the RV. I still prefer the Weber Jumbo Joe but the wife wanted a propane rig for quick cooks.
    Seems to work well for both grilling and griddle. I'm pretty sure the griddle part will see more use that the cook box.
  • I've never used one before but this seems like a Great Deal, I'm tempted to get one. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • Kent8621
    HeavyG said:
    Kent8621 said:
    The base is 22" wide, 16.25" deep but the regulator adds about 5" to the right side where it attaches to the base.

thank you sir, do you know the height also, I am trying to fit it in the table drawers, pictured so height is a concern also. 

Boiler Up!!

• obbrown55
    obbrown55 Posts: 16
    If you include the hood, the length is 23 1/2" ,  width is 20 1/2"  (including the handle) and the height is 7"  - Hope this helps
  • Kent8621
    obbrown55 said:
    If you include the hood, the length is 23 1/2" ,  width is 20 1/2"  (including the handle) and the height is 7"  - Hope this helps

thanks here is to hoping.

Boiler Up!!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Kent8621 said:
    HeavyG said:
    Kent8621 said:

thank you sir, do you know the height also, I am trying to fit it in the table drawers, pictured so height is a concern also. 

I bought mine last year and it has no flip-cover or stand. The height to the top back edge of the griddle is about 8.75".

The dimensions I gave you earlier for the width and depth I just measured the base while I still had the cover on. When I measured the height I took the cover off and realized that I had forgotten to include the depth of the grease collector that hangs off the back. That grease catcher adds about 4" to the depth. Also, the burner knobs protrude about 1.5" so total depth about 22" total front-back.

It appears tho that there are some minor differences between what I am measuring on mine and what @obb@obbrown55 is measuring on the new unit with the stand/hood/handle so you might want to ignore my measurements.

Are you planning on just storing it in one of your drawers? If so, keep in mind that the grease catcher and regulator are quickly/easily removable so you wouldn't need as large a drawer. You can also (on mine anyway) lift off the griddle and flip it upside down and store it on the base and thus save a couple inches off the height. I'm guessing the new version might also do that.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Kent8621
    yeah the plan is to store it in the drawers.  based on the measurements you guys gave me I think it will fit, so gonna post my 17" and get a 22.  thanks for enabling and helping out I appreciate it.

Boiler Up!!

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Chubbs said:
    @Chubbs Would you be interested in a trade? My 22 stays in the camper for occasional use. I’d rather go smaller. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • What does everyone mostly use their Blackstone for? The Egg is so versatile I'm trying to justify the $150 purchase.  
    Atlanta, GA 

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    What does everyone mostly use their Blackstone for? The Egg is so versatile I'm trying to justify the $150 purchase.  

You use it as if it was a giant 3ft cooking pan. Breakfast, Stirfry , smash burgers, cheesesteaks, toasting stuff, searing. Anything that you would do on your stove top other than boiling, Multiply that by 3ft.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Picked mine up a couple weeks ago, can’t wait to season and cook something up
  • MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    I've been looking at the 22" Blackstone and noticed the specs on the Walmart 22" version linked above are a little different from the 22" table top listed on Blackstone's site.  WM states 330 square inches at 21,000 BTUs, while the Blackstone site has 352 square inches at 24,000 BTUs.  In this case, size probably doesn't matter, but I'm curious if folks think the additional BTUs would be worthwhile. 
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • PBandJ
    PBandJ Posts: 92
    I just bought the one at walmart. The box says 339 sq. In. And 24,000 btu.

Woodbridge, Va.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    I couldn’t find one of the 22 inch this morning but if you happen to live in Princeton Illinois, don’t bother to look for a 36 either. I cleaned them out this morning. Neighbour wants one and I bet I can get rid of the other really fast. 6 months ago I didn’t have one and now I own 3...

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    gmac said:
    I couldn’t find one of the 22 inch this morning but if you happen to live in Princeton Illinois, don’t bother to look for a 36 either. I cleaned them out this morning. Neighbour wants one and I bet I can get rid of the other really fast. 6 months ago I didn’t have one and now I own 3...

Strong work!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Still can't pull the trigger.......
    Atlanta, GA 

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Still can't pull the trigger.......

I've cooked on either my egg or the blackstone every night this week since Sunday except 1. I'll be out there again tonight making pizzas. Just bite the bullet and get it. You will come back telling us how you should have never hesitated.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Saw this tonight. ‘‘Twas hard to show restraint. Maybe next time. 
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Shoots. That's a better deal than the hsn one last year, which by the way isn't exclusive to hsn anymore
  • I can’t talk the fiancé into buying it. I’m trying to tell her how amazing the grilled veggies will be, while grilling some protein on the BGE. Plus all the easy breakfasts on the weekend we can have.  She’s still not biting.
    Atlanta, GA 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I can’t talk the fiancé into buying it. I’m trying to tell her how amazing the grilled veggies will be, while grilling some protein on the BGE. Plus all the easy breakfasts on the weekend we can have.  She’s still not biting.
    So stop trying to get her to buy it and go buy it yourself.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker