Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BLACKSTONE 22" TABLETOP WITH HOOD, LEGS, AND BULK ADAPTER HOSE at Walmart $147

2»

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Grow a pair!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    DMW said:
    I can’t talk the fiancé into buying it. I’m trying to tell her how amazing the grilled veggies will be, while grilling some protein on the BGE. Plus all the easy breakfasts on the weekend we can have.  She’s still not biting.
    So stop trying to get her to buy it and go buy it yourself.
    Agreed. Go buy it and then wake up early Saturday and make her breakfast on it. After she stops drooling from how amazing it is she will apologize to you.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    You won’t regret it. I cooked cheesesteaks tonight on it.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Thanks guys. Our next house is going to need lots of space now for cooking outdoors. My Weber 300 is on the top porch and I still want to add a Mini Max and turkey fryer to my equipment. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • dshaffes
    dshaffes Posts: 29
    I broke down and bought the Walmart 22" and really like the stand and cover.  Cooked a burger the other day and closed the cover to melt the cheese.  It would be great if there was a carry bag or something as I plan to take this camping and to tailgates.  Has anyone heard of a cover or found a cover/carry bag that works?
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,120
    dshaffes said:
    I broke down and bought the Walmart 22" and really like the stand and cover.  Cooked a burger the other day and closed the cover to melt the cheese.  It would be great if there was a carry bag or something as I plan to take this camping and to tailgates.  Has anyone heard of a cover or found a cover/carry bag that works?
    Take measurements and try fitting it to travel suitcase.
    Could even try a thrift store or chain discount store to keep the price down.
    The extra zipper pockets would be good to store grilling tools.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • dshaffes said:

The only cover I have found is a soft cover on HSN. I talked with Blackstone Customer Service today and that is the only place they are selling the soft cover currently. I did not ask about a carry bag,
    Atlanta, GA 

• Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,400
    Can you put a good crisp on a burger with a black stone? I’ve had burgers 3 times off blackstones, 3 different chefs, burners on high but no burgers had a good burn on em like a medium high cast iron pan. Just gray no fun patties.
  • gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    Uh Oh .Was just talking about picking up a gas something or other as new TT has a quick lp connect. This will match MM well. 
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,400
    A trip to Walmart for some dog food....and I convinced her. 

Man that’s a nice lookin setup. Did you build that table for the egg?
  • Kevinboatright
    Kevinboatright Posts: 278
    edited May 2018
    Powak said:
    Man that’s a nice lookin setup. Did you build that table for the egg?
    No. I got the egg and table as you see in this picture. I added a few things like the removable folding side table , hooks, and stuff. 

Atlanta, GA 

• Kevinboatright
    Kevinboatright Posts: 278
    edited May 2018
    I’m sold on this thing after 1 use.  Smoked Pork Chops, Onions, Asparagus. 

Atlanta, GA 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,120
    Fantastic!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited May 2018
    I’m sold on this thing after 1 use.  Smoked Pork Chops, Onions, Asparagus. 

Told ya! 

• dshaffes
    dshaffes Posts: 29
    Powak said:
    Can you put a good crisp on a burger with a black stone? I’ve had burgers 3 times off blackstones, 3 different chefs, burners on high but no burgers had a good burn on em like a medium high cast iron pan. Just gray no fun patties.
    I cooked burgers for the first time tonight on my new Blackstone 22" and it put a beautiful sear on them.  I used fresh 80/20 beef with some seasoning and cooked them on a griddle temp of 350-400 degrees.
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Walmart is selling the 22" with stand, hood and large tank adaptor delivered with tax and shipping for $180. I did include a 3 yr protection plan for $22, so it would have been $158.  I think the stand and hood are both useful... Thoughts...
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    I've got the original 22"-er and it is perfect for me as I can stow it in the deck box when not in use.

I can see the appeal tho of the new model with the stand for those folks that don't already have a table space or go camping/tailgating.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• PBandJ
    PBandJ Posts: 92
    Love the 22. Had her filled up tonight. 

Woodbridge, Va.
  • 77bronco
    77bronco Posts: 56
    edited August 2018
  • 77bronco
    77bronco Posts: 56
    You can get a great sear. 
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,396
    gmac said:
    I couldn’t find one of the 22 inch this morning but if you happen to live in Princeton Illinois, don’t bother to look for a 36 either. I cleaned them out this morning. Neighbour wants one and I bet I can get rid of the other really fast. 6 months ago I didn’t have one and now I own 3...

What was the price?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    obbrown55 said:
    I picked up one of these yesterday.  Looking forward to trying it out.  Here's the website and info.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACKSTONE-22-TABLETOP-WITH-HOOD-LEGS-AND-BULK-ADAPTER-HOSE/179647360

22" Table Top Griddle with Hood and Legs also included is the converter hose to go from a one pound tank to a 20 pound tank. Blackstone 22" Table Top Griddle with Hood, Legs, and Bulk Adapter Hose 
    • The 22" griddle is quick and easy to clean up taking the hassle out of outdoor cooking. 
    • 330 sq.in. of cold rolled cooking surface with duel 'H' burners that produce a total of 21,000 BTUs for fast and even cooking.
    • 22" Griddle has a unique rear grease management system for easy clean--up while cooking. 
    • With a hood and legs you can take your griddle anywhere with easy set up and take down.
    • Also including a bulk adapter hose so you can use a quick 1 lb tank or a 20  lb tank easily.
    Curious to know how the legs are holding up? This kit is $147 at Walt,art again now.  I have a 22" just need to know if buying another just to get the hood and legs is worth it.