Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I wrapped my muffin in my sausage

Options
Egg'ers whatup?!

Just a few pics of some fun times on the egg. Has anyone ever heard of taking a giant store bought blueberry muffin, encasing it in sausage and cooking it on the egg?  I hadn't until last week, but I gotta tell ya, it twernt bad.

Plus small blackfin tuna loins.

Plus taters and wangz.

Plus JP, BP and lil'P

Egg on!y
When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
Williamsburg, VA

Comments

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    edited May 2018
    Options
    As tempting as it may be & you left the door wide open for some zingers about your muffin wrapped in a sausage I’m gonna give you a free pass since it’s not Friday.   The tuna loin looks great & I need to try this.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Doesn’t the sausage normally go inside the muffin?  You’ve got it all turned around, son.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The second pic looks to have the new portable fold-up floor stand for the MiniMAX.
    The Egg on the right is in the new cart?
    And the middle one I can't identify.
    How was the new fold-up stand for the MiniMAX?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Doesn’t the sausage normally go inside the muffin?  You’ve got it all turned around, son.

We did a demo cook for ACE.  Distributor showed up with these.  They were dang tasty. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • johnnyp
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hotch said:
    The second pic looks to have the new portable fold-up floor stand for the MiniMAX.

The middle egg is a Large on the new nest.  Has the handler built-in.  Much more aesthetically pleasing design. Big fan.

The MM stand was just....meh.   It was fine as long it was one level ground.  Quality didn't seem overly chintzy, but in the parking lot, rocked a little. 

Disclaimer: I only used it once for a couple hours.  However, I would be concerned about leaving my MM in it full time. It would be cool for camping/tailgating though.  But outside in strong winds would make me nervous. 

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Looks Great! What effect does the sausage grease have on the muffin? Does it get soggy......... do you have a cut pic?

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Hotch said:

The middle egg is a Large on the new nest.  Has the handler built-in.  Much more aesthetically pleasing design. Big fan.

The MM stand was just....meh.   It was fine as long it was one level ground.  Quality didn't seem overly chintzy, but in the parking lot, rocked a little. 

Disclaimer: I only used it once for a couple hours.  However, I would be concerned about leaving my MM in it full time. It would be cool for camping/tailgating though.  But outside in strong winds would make me nervous. 

Thanks,
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • johnnyp
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Looks Great! What effect does the sausage grease have on the muffin? Does it get soggy......... do you have a cut pic?
    Turned pretty mushy.  But the texture wasn’t  a turn off because the sausage dominated the palate 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    This idea and the anus cake in the mistake thread should get together.