Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to forum and showing off

Hello all, just wanted to say thanks for all the great info on this site and well, I wanted to show off my new grilling station. It was just finished last week and while I didn't build it myself, I'm super proud of it. 
LBGE, Minimax

Dallas, TX

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Welcome!!  That's a sweet setup.  A lot of good grub will be created in that spot!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Very cool.  That gas grill won't be getting much use though!!

One suggestion, get a table nest or ceramic feet/tiles under the large.  Otherwise that stone is just acting as a big heat sync.   Just a little air gap is all you need. 
    Thank you for the suggestion, I will get some feet for the big dude. 
    LBGE, Minimax

Dallas, TX
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
     Show off! :) Welcome to the Forum. It appears you are in the Dallas Area. If so, there is an eggfest coming up that I think several of us are going to be at. You should stop by. https://www.sunnylandfurniture.com/page/Dallas-Fort-Worth-EggFest/126

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    What is that big silver thing?
    NOLA
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    buzd504 said:
    I've seen those...I think they keep food warm when it comes off the Egg.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    buzd504 said:
    I was going to ask too but seem to remember another person posting something similar. It’s a storage cabinet for Eggcessories. 

Sweet set up. +1 on the need for an air gap under the big daddy. 

Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • buzd504 said:
    Yeah, I thought since I was putting in a new deck and all I might as well do a direct line gas grill just because. 

While it works, it has been completely neglected. In fact, the innards are still in a pile inside the grill, along with the owners manual which I have yet to open. 

And, with the Minimax/Looftlighter combo, which gets me cooking in almost no time at all, I don't think I'll get that silver thing going anytime soon. 
    LBGE, Minimax

Dallas, TX
  •  Show off! :) Welcome to the Forum. It appears you are in the Dallas Area. If so, there is an eggfest coming up that I think several of us are going to be at. You should stop by. https://www.sunnylandfurniture.com/page/Dallas-Fort-Worth-EggFest/126
    I did see that and I'll try to make time. 

Full disclosure: This deck and grill were built in connection with our pool build this Spring and because of that I was "forced" to go shopping at Sunnyland for furniture. I thought I'd seen it all until I witnessed with my own eyes what I would term a regular old lawn chair draped with a $1K price tag. That, coupled with the hard sell from their sales force really turned me off on the place.  
    LBGE, Minimax

Dallas, TX
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Try going to Jackson's Home and Garden. Then your eyes will really be opened to expensive overpriced stuff. Like a $50 sculpture of Texas made from old rusted License Plates that's only about 1ft tall.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited April 2018
    Sweet setup!

when should we come over?? :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932

very cool set up

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Great set-up right there.  Have fun with it.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    edited April 2018
    Is it metal or wood under that stone? Thinking of doing a outdoor kitchen this summer. I want to add some stone that matches some on house. Looking good
  • Tspud1 said:
    Is it metal or wood under that stone? Thinking of doing a outdoor kitchen this summer. I want to add some stone that matches some on house. Looking good
    It's granite tops on stone, there is no metal. Based on the feedback here I'm going to order some feet for it. 

Thanks!
    LBGE, Minimax

Dallas, TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    buzd504 said:
    Out door timer, but I don't see the clock.  Must be under the lid ;)

Btw, awesome setup.  I would be proud too.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    wow that is a nice set up, if there is no wood then you don't really need an air gap, the egg might be more stable without it given your set up.  the air gap everyone including myself is mainly to prevent the wood from burning.  I hope to have something like this one day.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Looks like a fun summer!  

I've got a similar setup - large, MM, and a gasser, but no pool.  Life is very hard....  I use the gasser more than I thought, it has a ceramic sear burner that is very hot.  
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Nice spread! Welcome
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Very nice. I see that gasser getting replaced with a Blackstone by mid summer. 
  • Very nice. I see that gasser getting replaced with a Blackstone by mid summer. 
    Don't give me any ideas!!!
    LBGE, Minimax

Dallas, TX
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Nice setup.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Oh, trust us. You will cave. It only took me 2 months. I'm already thinking about what Big Green Egg I want next. Luckily SWMBO likes my cooking and doesn't mind spending money on something that will get used multiple times a week. But I have to admit if I asked for a XXL next she might slap me upside the head.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nice.  Welcome.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    Welcome to the group and love the setup.  I agree with @DoubleEgger a stainless Blackstone would look great in place of that Eggcessory holder.  Nice to have another DFW egger on board, too!
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Tspud1 said:
    It's granite tops on stone, there is no metal. Based on the feedback here I'm going to order some feet for it. 

Thanks!
    I meant how is stone attached to the structure? Is there a,wood frame and concrete board under the stone. You can find ceramic pot feet to go under your egg.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Beautiful set up!  I look forward to seeing more of it!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Srf_in_Dfw $1K for a chair is crazy - almost as much as a overpriced green kamado cooker  ;) .  In all seriousness, you get what you pay for.  We see cheaper merchandise at market every year and whether it's patio furniture or a cheap kettle grill, we only sell merchandise that we can stand behind.  It's one of the reasons why Big Green Egg is the only grill we carry because they take care of their customers and they make a great product.  
  • FYI... we are hosting another EggFest this November at Sunnyland.  This one will be thanksgiving themed.  Find more details at eggfestdallas.com.