Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Surprised this guy has survived the season 

Now that's something you don't see every day!
    That’s one of those Johns Creek turkeys that light cigars with C notes. 
    Made of rose gold by the looks of it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks like the FJ that Toyota killed off a couple years ago 

They actually stopped making them last year.  Stopped selling in US a few years ago.

But what a truck, built to drive off road unlike most pansy SUVs sold here.

I would love to have one....except I have a full fleet now I'm happy with.

This truck will last for decades, they sell these all over the world.

http://www.toyota.co.za/ranges/land-cruiser-76

I looked at the FJ but couldn’t get over all of plastic. It didn’t feel like it was built to last. 
    They have a cult following.  Look at the resale value.  Some of the complaints have been about the body roll on the road, but it's because the chassis is tuned for off-road, can't have it both ways.

The plastic will dry-rot and fall off long before the chassis dies.
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Fridge is in place. Took the casing off the doorway. Discovered that during a previous remodel they boxed in the doorway. Originally it was 32 inches wide. 

ENDOFQUOTEBUTTHISSTUPIDSOFTWAREWON'TLETMECLICKOUTOFTHIS STUPIDBOXSOHERE'SMYWITTYANDBRILLIANTREPLYINSIDETHISSTUPID QUOTEBOX:

I know the fire codes won't allow hallways, or blockage in hallways, to go narrower than 36" (the HAFB Fire Dept have removed filing cabinets, water coolers, and Toby from Contracting because of this).
    I'm surprised they would allow a doorway to go less than 32".  (and maybe they don't)  
    Any firemen/safety gurus here?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    ^^^ I'm not nearly as angry as I appear in the above quote.  Forgive me.   :)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• 4littleeggs
    Options
    Stuffed chicken breasts with some blueberry cornbread.
    It's the cow that drives the meat!!

XL Egg, Mini Max, Mini,  17" Blackstone 
    Wi
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    Residential vs commercial?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

They actually stopped making them last year.  Stopped selling in US a few years ago.

But what a truck, built to drive off road unlike most pansy SUVs sold here.

I would love to have one....except I have a full fleet now I'm happy with.

This truck will last for decades, they sell these all over the world.

http://www.toyota.co.za/ranges/land-cruiser-76

I looked at the FJ but couldn’t get over all of plastic. It didn’t feel like it was built to last. 
    They have a cult following.  Look at the resale value.  Some of the complaints have been about the body roll on the road, but it's because the chassis is tuned for off-road, can't have it both ways.

The plastic will dry-rot and fall off long before the chassis dies.
    I bought mine new in 2010 and the thing has been a beast. Routine maintenance is about it. Gas mileage sucks because you're basically pushing a brick through the air but that's a small price to pay for something I can't hardly get stuck even when I try. And yes there is a cult following with them. My wife laughs because other FJ's wave when passing. I'm a member on an FJ forum and it's almost as entertaining as this place and mods are more lenient....which is nice that threads don't sink or vanish. The resale is best of any vehicle on the road currently and won't change anytime soon. So good in fact that I get about 1 letter per month from different dealerships wanting to buy it back. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    LeBron = CLUTCH
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just pre-ordered this:

Can't imagine the struggle he had dealing with concussions while wanting to be driving.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @FrostyEgg - nailed that cook and the photo skills are most eggcellent.  I'm guessing this is not your first bbq/grilling rodeo.  Regardless, way to bring it home.  I'm sure it was quite an enjoyable banquet.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Yes sir, that steak is perfect by my standards.

Phoenix 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    edited April 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @FrostyEgg - nailed that cook and the photo skills are most eggcellent.  I'm guessing this is not your first bbq/grilling rodeo.  Regardless, way to bring it home.  I'm sure it was quite an enjoyable banquet.  
    Thanks man! I've had my Egg for 9 months or so, but it gets fired up 3-5 times a week even in the winter. I've been browsing this forum for much monger than i've had an Egg so i've taken an immense amount of info in. The Thermapen came in clutch as always on this cook.

I've run steaks, chops, spatch'd chickens, beef ribs, pork belly burnt ends, pepper stout beef, lots of butts etc. A brisket is next on my list. I have access to full prime packers at Costco...so Sunday is looking like it might be the day.

Edit: Pic is from an iPhone 8.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Sold my mini and mini max last week. Just put together my new jumbo joe. Pretty sure I made the right choice it’s going to be perfect for my quick cooks out back and for camping. I’m off Friday gonna break it in nicely.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @FrostyEgg - when you get a chance, check your forum "In box."  PM sent with some brisket info-to do with as you wish.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Drooling over the 2020 Ford Bronco.....

Complete fantasy, dream on. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    That’s perfect for occasional camping and quick cooks @Lit. Nice. 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @FrostyEgg - when you get a chance, check your forum "In box."  PM sent with some brisket info-to do with as you wish.   
    Just saw that brother, thanks again. I'll give it a solid read. The weather is looking amazing here Sunday, so i'm thinking i'm going to go for it. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Had fun for a few hours playing songs for my son on YouTube.  70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s.  I love YouTube.

We were trying to stump my wife.  She won.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    ^^^ I'm not nearly as angry as I appear in the above quote.  Forgive me.   :)
    Dumb vanilla.  You have to delete entire quote and try again.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Dobie said:

Complete fantasy, dream on. 
    Yeah, 37s from the factory.  Never gonna happen.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I found this to be an interesting watch.  It's a show on all the famous Q spots in Austin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdYo_g_-Zw

Phoenix 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Using up some whole milk (purchased for BB banana pudding) in this mornings cereal. Wow....been a long time and who knew it was that good?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    blasting said:

I found this to be an interesting watch.  It's a show on all the famous Q spots in Austin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdYo_g_-Zw

Good watch right there. 

• northGAcock
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Ventured out to the frame shop to frame a Jerry Garcia Picture a friend drew for me.....and landed at the Bi-Lo....happens to be lunch time and the Bi-Lo was re-opening after a remodel. Not my go to but this caught my attention as I did of them. I happened to be wearing a Brisket Camp tee I had purchased a while back. 

Impressive but no @CTMike rig....

I got to go up on the cooking area and look around. Nice rig....

I had the Better Chedder....two actually.  ;)

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Using up some whole milk (purchased for BB banana pudding) in this mornings cereal. Wow....been a long time and who knew it was that good?
    It’s so much better.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options

my 2018 broncos still on order =)

lazy placeholder
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    NFL draft prep. Hotdogs tonight .. Lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Cut some thin chops from a pork loin this afternoon and marinated them in this jerk marinade:
    https://gotjerksauces.com/products/traditional-jerk-marinade-spicy

Tossed them on the griddle:

Finished:

Served with mango salsa my much better half made this afternoon:

This combo really worked.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker