Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 584
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @FrostyEgg - I went with around 2.5 hours in the smoke, braised for 1 3/4 hrs, 1/4 hr (15 mins) on the the grate and around 5 minutes with the final glaze.  Give it a try-
    I'll give it a go! Even on a bad day, pork belly burnt ends are incredible. Can't go wrong.
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    Just put on a venison meat loaf 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Getting the rockwork finished. I’m very excited about being done with this 
    I feel your pain @SciAggie been there done that. looking great from where I am sitting!  You are in the final stretch, except that top row - that one may be a killer depending on how tight you have to get it. I wish you easy cuts! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    Zeiger88 said:
    Whitetail? What's the recipe? 
  • Zeiger88
    Options
    Finished 
  • Zeiger88
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Zeiger88 said:
    Yes. 2lbs ground. 1 onion chopped. 2eggs. Salt and pepper. Garlic powder. 4 slices of day old bread. 1/2 cup oats. 350 for 1 hour 15 minuets. Rip up bread mix all together and bake. This is my grandmas recipe. 
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    Zeiger88 said:
    FrostyEgg said:
    Zeiger88 said:
    Yes. 2lbs ground. 1 onion chopped. 2eggs. Salt and pepper. Garlic powder. 4 slices of day old bread. 1/2 cup oats. 350 for 1 hour 15 minuets. Rip up bread mix all together and bake. This is my grandmas recipe. 
    Solid! I assume there's pork or beef fat in the ground? 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Getting ready to throw some shrimp on the barbee. 
  • Zeiger88
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Zeiger88 said:
    FrostyEgg said:
    Zeiger88 said:
    Solid! I assume there's pork or beef fat in the ground? 
    No I actually just leave it natural I used to ad beef suit to my ground just haven’t done it for the past 4 deer and haven’t had a problem with it drying out. I just keep an eye on it. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,357
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Rock work is DONE! I think I’ll have a drink...

Next I get to put in some flower beds and plant grass. I don’t care though. Did I tell you the rock work was DONE?
    Looks fantastic! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,543
    Options
    @SciAggie      Brother fantastic job... really finishes off the area!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Focker, great looking knife. I love Benchmade's. My EDC knife is a Griptillian.
    Thanks.  Been a while since I've been this excited to receive a package....last was the kid at Christmas Karubecue smoker.

Grips are awesome.  As stated, that Benchmade site is trouble. 

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• FrostyEgg
    Options
    ...I did not need to know that level of detail existed. RIP wallet.
  • 4littleeggs
    Options
    Sirloin steaks and peanut butter cookies!
    It's the cow that drives the meat!!

XL Egg, Mini Max, Mini,  17" Blackstone 
    Wi
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    @SciAggie Very nice work!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,509
    Options
    @SciAggie - you are going to need to install the angled overhead mirror system so you can enjoy the wall during your cooking extravaganzas just because you can.  Great project and finish work-with that kitchen there was no doubt.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited April 2018
    Options
    SciAggie said:

Next I get to put in some flower beds and plant grass. I don’t care though. Did I tell you the rock work was DONE?
    Dude, even your trashcan is awesomely cool! 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,696
    Options
    Focker said:
    FrostyEgg said:
    Focker, great looking knife. I love Benchmade's. My EDC knife is a Griptillian.
    Thanks.  Been a while since I've been this excited to receive a package....last was the kid at Christmas Karubecue smoker.

Grips are awesome.  As stated, that Benchmade site is trouble. 

I have tried many knifes but always gone back to the Spyderco Military, I would love to trade for a week. I have one benchmade but nothing that nice. 

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,696
    Options
    I mail a box of knives to spyderco once a year with $5 for return postage and they put a factory edge back on and clean them up. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @jeffwit Thanks. That was in my uncle’s workshop (as a trash can) from back in the 70’s. I think it’s pretty fun too. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,189
    Options
    SciAggie said:

Looks awesome, but you have 1 gap out of spec ;)

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,518
    Options
    @SciAggie, that's beautiful!  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Sitting in the waiting room, (aptly named) while My Beauriful Wife is getting xrays.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @YukonRon I hope all is well.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    While the elite few were at Dan Nichols park on Friday evening, this was happening....

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @YukonRon I hope all is well.
    All is good, she just had an issue with a knee, too much kicking my lazy butt around I guess.

Getting to that age, where the tread on the knees is wearing a bit thin (Arthritis), and since she acts like she is still 15, something had to give.

That is only one of a million reasons I love her like I do. She will never grow up. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,509
    Options
    @thetrim - I wouldn't even guess the cost of admission and I'm sure it was quite limited.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.