Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

(Brisket) Paradise Regained

Options
triker
triker Posts: 5
After my post last weekend of the failed brisket (that may not have been as failed as I thought), I gave it another shot this weekend with the help of a CyberQ.  I found a 13.5 pound prime full packer at Costco yesterday morning and sought to regain my dignity with a properly-cooked cow.  After fat trimming, it was probably closer to 11.5 pounds.  I got the fire going around 7:00 Saturday evening and once it was near temp, I threw on the blower and configured the CyberQ.  It was holding temperature to within a few degrees, so it looked good.  At 9:00 the brisket went on and after watching it for a couple hours I went to bed, happy the graph indicated a steady rise in meat temperature but a steady grate temp of 240 degrees.  I only had one high temp alarm around 1:30 am, and it looks like it was a grease flare up from a dripping that missed the pan.  Twenty minutes passed and the temperature was back to near the setpoint.

The brisket hit 195 at 8:52 this morning and at 9:00 I probed and it was absolutely smooth in the thickest part of the flat.  Out it came, into the foil and cooler it went, locked away for the next couple hours to rest.  I plan to enjoy a lunch of brisket and the rest will be vacuum packed and refrigerated/frozen for meals the rest of the week.  We'll see how it tastes!

Comments