Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Stand For My BGE Large

Options
Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564
I was a big winner at the Athens EggFest this past weekend!!
I won a CUNA from the guys at Smoken Products.
My truck was full so I asked if I could just pick it up from the warehouse.
Well I went over there today.
A big thanks to the guys at Smoken Products!! =)
This is a great stand.
I will be moving my BGE Large to it's new ride this weekend.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Congrats on the win. 

New Albany, Ohio 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    She's a beaut! Nice score
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Wow that's pretty sweet!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Hotch
    Options
    Thanks!
    I’ll post pics once I get it moved in!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    That's a great looking stand.

Congrats! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Awesome score!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    That stand is dead sexy!
  • drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165
    Options
    Nicest stand I have ever seen!
    Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's a sweet win! 

You may be the winningest man on the eggfest circuit. Didn't you take home a minimax (or 2) in the last year or so? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    I like that right there.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Very nice cart
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Innovative, what are those notches for on the side shelves. I like that ash drawer idea. Had something similar but didn't incorporate it into table
  • tenpenny_05
    tenpenny_05 Posts: 286
    Options
    Thats pretty slick, cant wait to see what the egg looks like inside!
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Way cool - Congrat's! Just priced this stand, it's some $600 dollars. Pass on that, 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Innovative, what are those notches for on the side shelves. I like that ash drawer idea. Had something similar but didn't incorporate it into table
    I'm gonna guess those notches are for hanging tools like spatulas, etc...To me it seems to distract from an otherwise sleek design.
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    I'm gonna guess those notches are for hanging tools like spatulas, etc...To me it seems to distract from an otherwise sleek design.
    I looked at their web site and you are correct. Side shelves must pivot down in back and held by that pin. Similar to the one bgebrent won in the Christmas giveaway this year
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Tspud1 said:
    I looked at their web site and you are correct. Side shelves must pivot down in back and held by that pin. Similar to the one bgebrent won in the Christmas giveaway this year
    Thanks. I am not correct very often. I think it is a good looking design, but still prefer your tables by a long shot. As my budget prevents it right now, I'll keep entering your contest in hopes of putting one of those beauties at my house someday, unless of course, things improve, then I'll have one for sure.
  • Stubby
    Stubby Posts: 134
    Options
    That is one great score. Do they have an online store?
    XL.......for now

Kernersville, NC
  • Hotch
    Options
    caliking said:
    That's a sweet win! 

You may be the winningest man on the eggfest circuit. Didn't you take home a minimax (or 2) in the last year or so? :)
    I've been very fortunate. We won a Large in the raffle (Put in $100) at Jefferson EggFest and traded it back for a MiniMAX. Then won a Mini at Salado. And a few other items over the years of cooking at EggFests.

Shelly won $400+ in the 50/50 at the Porkopolis EggFest in Cincinnati and then donated right back to the Panther Backpack for kids charity.
    There's a funny story with that. Ask Shelly next time you see her!!

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    Stubby said:
    That is one great score. Do they have an online store?
    Yes,
    https://smokenproducts.com/

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    You're living proof that attending Egg Fests really pays off!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    @Hotch I love it man. Grats!!!

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Hotch
    edited April 2018
    Options

@six_egg said:
    @Hotch I love it man. Grats!!!
    Thanks. You know the one thing I like is these guys are EggHeads!
    He has had his Eggs (2) 20 years. And this started because he has an EggHead friend with a rough patio and while moving his Egg one day it take a header!!
    He believed he could build one better. And I think he has.
    One item you can't see is there are 4 horizontal adjusters on the upper ring to keep the Egg snug in the stand. I post pics once I move in!   

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Tspud1 said:
    The are locations for your tools to hang from. Hooks can be used in the holes or just slide you grill tongs in the slots.

That plate setter is awful clean

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Hotch said:

Shelly won $400+ in the 50/50 at the Porkopolis EggFest in Cincinnati and then donated right back to the Panther Backpack for kids charity.
    There's a funny story with that. Ask Shelly next time you see her!!

And that’s how you know you picked a winner. Very swell of her. I will ask her about the story :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Congrats!!!   Man that sure dresses up the Egg.   You’d think BGE would take notes, but they’d break something like that into 20 different SKU’s you’d have to purchase. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Must be a stock photo?  Wheels are different color.  Egg looks too nice.  Great looking nest in any case.

Phoenix 
  • Hotch
    Options
    blasting said:

Must be a stock photo?  Wheels are different color.  Egg looks too nice.  Great looking nest in any case.

Yep that one I took from the web page to show the stuff hanging from the side shelves. 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX