Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple brisket run

Options

Comments

• Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    First time injecting with beef broth. First time using meat church holy gospel. Used cherry chunks for some smoke. Turned out incredibly tasty!!

Brandon - Ohio

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Very nice, Doesn’t get much better than that!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great bark and end result-congrats.
    @Leopoldstoch - did you find any noticeable improvement using the injection??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Leopoldstoch
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great bark and end result-congrats.
    @Leopoldstoch - did you find any noticeable improvement using the injection??
    Not sure how much of a difference the injection made. I kinda feel like everything just came together and the cook went really well. It was very much a what the heck just go ahead and cook and let the cow drive the cook and worry about it later. Not a lot of over analyzing. Turned out so tasty! Gonna play around with the injection again a few more times to see if it really is making the difference.

Brandon - Ohio

• Leopoldstoch
    Options

Now one I have moved on to making some different sausages for the folks at work while I’m watching the Cavs playoffs.

buffalo blue cheese chicken sausages
    maple apple chicken sausages
    mango jalapeño pork sausages 

Brandon - Ohio

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Nice cook! Next time try point in to the back. The back of the egg (at least in xl) is a bit warmer then the front 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Looks perfect!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Great cooks, thank you for sharing. Brisket and sausages, tough to imagine it getting any better than that.
    Nicely done.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I would make that my bottom beotch.  Job well done.  (Sorry, but I can't help but make Butters references on your posts.)
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    That is a beautiful meteorite. thanks for sharing.
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC