Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - New Blackstone Lid

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
Thank you @Tspud1 for the new B.S. lid.  It looks great!!

Before:

After:

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I like the extra depth.  It covers the gap between the griddle and frame.  The width covers the drain too.

Overall, very happy.  Makes me wish I had one of his full tables!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I like it!

Phoenix 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    We aim to please. Glad it fit.
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
     Makes me wish I had one of his full tables!
    We do and are very pleased with it!
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    @Tspud1

How might another acquire said lid from previous post? 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Liked seeing this:

Hmmmmm.  Castle Stove.  .  . 

We have a very old castle stove/oven/griddle in our church.  I would gess it to be 60-70".  Half of it is griddle top and the other half is a 6 burner stove and double oven underneath.  There are pilot lights/flame for every burner.  It has a pretty tall riser on it with the castle stove logo.  One of the gentlemen at church said he couldn't find anything on the company anywhere.  Here I see a most obvious URL  www.castlestove.com.  I type that in to my browser and BAM, there is our castle stove logo.  I will have to tell him that after weeks of searching, I found the manufacturers website. 

So @Tspud1 - do you work for, or are you the castle stove company?

@oz@Ozzie_Isaac
    I was just wrestling with my cover last night.  I may have to put this item on the list.  It looks great! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    our range looks like this, except it is all black and much older:

Grand Rapids MI
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I wish our house layout was conducive to adding a real stove. Nice...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    kl8ton said:

I wish our house layout was conducive to adding a real stove. Nice...
    Just to clarify, that is our church stove.  :smile:

I do have an 8 burner stove at home.  Once I rigged up my blackstone 36" griddle top to sit on 6 of the burners.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Liked seeing this:

We have a very old castle stove/oven/griddle in our church.  I would gess it to be 60-70".  Half of it is griddle top and the other half is a 6 burner stove and double oven underneath.  There are pilot lights/flame for every burner.  It has a pretty tall riser on it with the castle stove logo.  One of the gentlemen at church said he couldn't find anything on the company anywhere.  Here I see a most obvious URL  www.castlestove.com.  I type that in to my browser and BAM, there is our castle stove logo.  I will have to tell him that after weeks of searching, I found the manufacturers website. 

@oz@Ozzie_Isaac
    I was just wrestling with my cover last night.  I may have to put this item on the list.  It looks great! 
    No offense to the gentleman at your church...but you should really tell him about Google. 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Castle+cooking+stuff

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2018
    Options
    billt01 said:
    @Tspud1

Shoot @Tspud1 a PM.  That is how I got my order rolling.
  • Tspud1
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Liked seeing this:

@oz@Ozzie_Isaac
    I am 6th generation of family in business. We are oldest stove company in US and maybe the world.
  • Tspud1
    Options
    billt01 said:
    @Tspud1

Message me and lets see what we can do for you
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    kl8ton said:
    Liked seeing this:

@oz@Ozzie_Isaac
    I am 6th generation of family in business. We are oldest stove company in US and maybe the world.
    That’s pretty cool right there. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”