Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Day

Hadn't done one of these in a while. Started Friday with Lahey's no knead dough using Caputo 00 Americana. The dough was outstanding! 

Egg is prepped with spider/stone, legs down, AR with pizza stone sitting on top. Egg was stable at 550* for an hour before starting.

Made 4 pies, cooking 4-6 minutes each (didn't really time it) Not roccbox quality, but nothing wrong with it either. Beats delivery :)

Anchovies and capers 

Prosciutto and Arugula 

Pepperoni 

Mushroom 

Thanks for looking! 
~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Nice work! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 579
    Looking good! 
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Bravo!!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Nice work!
    About to rip one myself soon.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Looks good! I love Lahey's dough. IMO, Lahey's with Bread flour is better than with AP, but haven't tried 00 flour yet. For baking temp, I like 650-700°. This recent one was Lahey's with bread flour at 680°... an awesome pie!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Nice work
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nice ‘za brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Carolina Q said:no
    Looks good! I love Lahey's dough. IMO, Lahey's with Bread flour is better than with AP, but haven't tried 00 flour yet. For baking temp, I like 650-700°. This recent one was Lahey's with bread flour at 680°... an awesome pie!

Looks dynamite!

On previous pies I've ran those temps. This was my first time using this particular flour. They claim it's milled to be used between 500-600*. This first pie got a little to dark on the bottom. Probably had it a little too hot. After that, they turned out well with a 3-4 minute recovery time for the stone

http://caputoflour.com/portfolio_item/00-americana/
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!