Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - I LOVE Kijiji!....

For those of you who don’t know, Kijiji is a website owned by eBay that is largely akin to Craigslist. In Canada, Kijiji is king. 

In no particular order, the following is a list of purchases I have made on Kijiji over the weekend:

i) Brand new tires for my car. Pirelli PZero Neros: 2 x 275 40 19 and 2 x 245 45 19. $500 CAD;

ii) Brand new Anova 900 watt wifi model with Forsus Sous Vide kit (bags, hand vacuum, clips and bottle stopper). $120 CAD; and

iii) Brand new Yeti Hopper 30. $150 CAD. 

All things that that I’ve been wanting and that I would have paid a great, great deal more for elsewhere. 

What good scores have you secured recently in the classifieds?...

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    That is quite a score-especially the tires.  You obviously drive a high-performance RWD ride given the off-set sizes.  
    And to answer your question- nothing.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    That is quite a score-especially the tires.  You obviously drive a high-performance RWD ride given the off-set sizes.  
    And to answer your question- nothing.
    I was lucky. The seller had purchased these tires for $1300 CAD just prior to selling his vehicle.

Prior to my purchase, I had 255 40 19s on all four corners, but two of the four were getting bald, so this Kijiji sale filled the void and I took the opportunity to swap all four. 

You know your tires - these are for a mildly-modified Mustang GT.

• Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Some good scores there @GrateEggspectations, well done!
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    Nice work.

My brother and I went to Chiraq for a T & K smoker recently.  With the options and add-ons (8" casters, Cyber Q), he saved well over a grand from new in Indy, not including $325 shipping.  Damn thing is a friggin Tiger tank.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Except for that dude that got murdered a couple years ago when he tried to sell his truck...  

But good deals for you. I’m a skeptic when it comes to buying someone else’s stuff but I know I’m overly cautious. I may have to go look there for a commercial fridge soon. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    gmac said:
    Except for that dude that got murdered a couple years ago when he tried to sell his truck...  

But good deals for you. I’m a skeptic when it comes to buying someone else’s stuff but I know I’m overly cautious. I may have to go look there for a commercial fridge soon. 
    A valid reason to Mexican carry, in Canada.  ;)
    I've sold, and bought, all kinds of stuff on CL.  Nothing but nice folks thus far.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• gmac said:

I would contend that Kijiji was rather incidental in the Bosma case; the killers were intent on killing and simply used the sale of the vehicle as a pretext for meeting with the seller. However, any meeting could similarly be used to initiate contact that could ultimately lead to murder - pizza delivery, Tinder hookup, squash game, etc. 

I’ve scored many cheap, brand new items on Kijiji over the years. For me, it comes down to having done your research on the subject item you would like to buy such that you can determine the right price point and identify any issues with the product in question (e.g., condition, wear, specifications, etc.). I always ask for a thorough description of any wear or damage (and request photos) and negotiate price up front - before even seeing the item in person - such that expectations are clear and terms are established in advance. This way, I won’t have spent time meeting with the seller without knowing whether we will agree on price. Doing so also helps weed out any deadbeats, and similarly helps sellers weed me out it I don’t want to pay as much as they’re hoping for. 
  • Focker said:
    Nice work.

My brother and I went to Chiraq for a T & K smoker recently.  With the options and add-ons (8" casters, Cyber Q), he saved well over a grand from new in Indy, not including $325 shipping.  Damn thing is a friggin Tiger tank.

Wow. Beautiful unit, right there. I haven’t previously laid eyes on a T&K, but I now want one. 

Better check the classifieds.....
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    I've never had any luck with the classifieds. I always manage to get the royal screw or someone decides their stuff needs to be sold for the same price as brand new
  • DuckDogDr said:
    I've never had any luck with the classifieds. I always manage to get the royal screw or someone decides their stuff needs to be sold for the same price as brand new
    The trick is in seeing past those people and honing in on those with quality wares who are willing to sell for good prices.