Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Augusta National

Options

Comments

• mwatts
    mwatts Posts: 122
    Options
    I forgot to add the we are playing at Eastlake on Saturday before we head to Augusta. Should be a great weekend!!!!
    Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    How do y’all get tickets?   I apply for the lottery every year and every year I get Billy Payne’s polite letter stating I didn’t get drawn....
    Work usually. Golf at sage valley, and a day at Augusta National for the weekend. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    How do y’all get tickets?   I apply for the lottery every year and every year I get Billy Payne’s polite letter stating I didn’t get drawn....
    If I'm not mistaken It's still the most sought after ticket in all of sports.  When I went to a practice round 100 years ago, the sandwich's were wrapped in green paper.  Just in case you "littered" it would not be seen.  Pretty cool. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• FATC1TY
    Options
    mwatts said:
    I forgot to add the we are playing at Eastlake on Saturday before we head to Augusta. Should be a great weekend!!!!

Enjoy! Great course and a fun walk. The par 3s are so fun. 

Enjoy the clubhouse and all of the old stuff they have from Bobby Jones in there. 
    -FATC1TY
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Get there early. Park around gate 6 (back area). Buy a chair on way in. Walk down to #16 green and place your chair. Then walk to clubhouse. Watch people practice, check out the people under the oak tree behind clubhouse. walk the course. Tee shots behind 2 are cool. 5 grandstand. Gotta go see amen corner. Grandstand on 12 will be baking in sun. I’d pass on this spot. Grandstand on 16 tee is favorite place on course. Partly shaded, view of 15 green and 16. If you don’t drop chair by green early in day make 16 grandstand your end goal. There are bathrooms and beer/food right there as well as another golf shop. Enjoy
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Get there early. Park around gate 6 (back area). Buy a chair on way in. Walk down to #16 green and place your chair. Then walk to clubhouse. Watch people practice, check out the people under the oak tree behind clubhouse. walk the course. Tee shots behind 2 are cool. 5 grandstand. Gotta go see amen corner. Grandstand on 12 will be baking in sun. I’d pass on this spot. Grandstand on 16 tee is favorite place on course. Partly shaded, view of 15 green and 16. If you don’t drop chair by green early in day make 16 grandstand your end goal. There are bathrooms and beer/food right there as well as another golf shop. Enjoy
    My man. Hope you are well

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I thought this was a car race.  You are telling me it is golf?!
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Doing well man. Hope you are as well
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Chubbs said:

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Chubbs said:

I am. Almost got back this year but it fell through. Hope to see you again out there one day! 
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Chubbs said:

I am. Almost got back this year but it fell through. Hope to see you again out there one day! 
    Headed there tonight for rest of week. We need to meet yo
    for a beer next time you make it over here
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Same here... :o
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    I will be there on Wednesday. Looking forward to it. It is something to see in person. I use to go on Monday every year when I live there, back then you could buy practice round tickets at the window.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Chubbs said:
    Chubbs said:

Headed there tonight for rest of week. We need to meet yo
    for a beer next time you make it over here
    sounds awesome. Have a great week!
  • chupacabra
    Options
    There is no other event like going to the Masters. I've had the luxury of going quite a few times and I am extremely thankful for that.

Get there when the gates open (as mentioned).

Buy all of your gear right when you get there. Check what you purchased there in gift shop, you can pick it up when you leave and it's simple. Also, they just expanded the gift shop. I've heard its massive!

Stay away from the Tiger Woods crowd, it's not worth it.

Hang out at Amen Corner - if you can get to a spot to see the 11th green and the tee shot at 12, thats a perfect spot. 

The hill overlooking 16 is always fun. For some reason there seems to always be a rowdy crowd up there.

Walk behind the 18 tee box and get a good look at how tight the trees are for that drive.

Go to the bend in the fairway at number 10. Lots of players dont complete the draw shot there and the ball always seems to end up right in front of the ropes there. A really good chance to see some shots into that green up close.

Between 16 green and 17 tee box is a solid setup. If it's slammed busy go else where because it can get congested. 

The 18th green.

Take a picture in front of main scoreboards. Take a picture in front of the Masters flagpole by the driving range. 

Have fun!
    Marietta, Ga
    I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    There is no other event like going to the Masters. I've had the luxury of going quite a few times and I am extremely thankful for that.

Buy all of your gear right when you get there. Check what you purchased there in gift shop, you can pick it up when you leave and it's simple. Also, they just expanded the gift shop. I've heard its massive!

Hang out at Amen Corner - if you can get to a spot to see the 11th green and the tee shot at 12, thats a perfect spot. 

The hill overlooking 16 is always fun. For some reason there seems to always be a rowdy crowd up there.

Walk behind the 18 tee box and get a good look at how tight the trees are for that drive.

Go to the bend in the fairway at number 10. Lots of players dont complete the draw shot there and the ball always seems to end up right in front of the ropes there. A really good chance to see some shots into that green up close.

Between 16 green and 17 tee box is a solid setup. If it's slammed busy go else where because it can get congested. 

The 18th green.

Take a picture in front of main scoreboards. Take a picture in front of the Masters flagpole by the driving range. 

Have fun!
    How the hell did you get a camera in there? And have the stones to risk getting your badge taken by taking pics? I assume that may have been a practice round or something? I wanted to get a pic with Chubbs so bad but even he didn't have a phone or camera with him. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I’ve been fortunate enough to go to a Tuesday practice round as well as a Friday round.  If given the option, I’d take the practice round. More laid back and the cameras aren’t an issue. It’s all business come Thursday... 
  • chupacabra
    chupacabra Posts: 77
    edited April 2018
    Options

The 18th green.

Have fun!
    How the hell did you get a camera in there? And have the stones to risk getting your badge taken by taking pics? I assume that may have been a practice round or something? I wanted to get a pic with Chubbs so bad but even he didn't have a phone or camera with him. 

Correct, I took pictures myself during a practice round. Last year, they had volunteers(workers) taking pictures you could purchase as well. I dont know the details though.
    Marietta, Ga
    I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Hold it down....you have to be quiet in golf.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Salmonegg
    Salmonegg Posts: 79
    Options
    FATC1TY said:
    I would hit the shop first, buy it up, and buy two chairs. Check all the other stuff in bag check...
    Or just ship stuff home. There’s a UPS drop next to the big shop at the front and the nice ladies there will box everything up and hand you a tracking number. Then you don’t have to wait for the bag check at the end of the day. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Salmonegg said:
    FATC1TY said:
    I would hit the shop first, buy it up, and buy two chairs. Check all the other stuff in bag check...
    Or just ship stuff home. There’s a UPS drop next to the big shop at the front and the nice ladies there will box everything up and hand you a tracking number. Then you don’t have to wait for the bag check at the end of the day. 
    We did that and it was the perfect setup for us. Was waiting for me at home like a little present to top off the trips
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Hold it down....you have to be quiet in golf.
    He'd be the "Mashed Potatoes" guy. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• FATC1TY
    Options
    Salmonegg said:
    FATC1TY said:

Yeah that works too if you are flying or driving back a distance. I live within 2 hours, and when I’ve bought enough stuff, I had Berckmans place badges, there is no wait to check anything in or out other than the time for the employees to walk in back room and return with your bags/boxes. 

The shipping area they have is super efficient though. I bet they send out UPS trailers several of them a day from there. 
    -FATC1TY
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Here’s a game you can play while you’re there. Try to find a weed. Good luck. 

Or a ciggy butt or any bit of trash. Food wrappers are green for a reason.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    My son went on Monday for the first time. He was blown away by it! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Looking forward to the Par 3 at 3pm edt 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Jack is hitting the ball well 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Jack and Tom are tearing it up.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Love that Tom is using the calaway soccer balls.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Everybody here knows I love the Masters and ANGC.  The moment with Jack and his Grandson's hole in one was pure magic.  The excitement, pride, and pure happiness that took over Jack at that moment will never dull. 
    Great start to what's going to be an amazing weekend!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio