Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BLackstone cover...

tz666
tz666 Posts: 404
I was a sucker and picked up that diamond plate blackstone cover.

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I'm considering the stainless version. Looks great! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• tz666
    tz666 Posts: 404
    on the website they didnt show a ss option for the 28"BS

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    edited July 2017
    Wow I'd certainly prefer that over my giant fabric cover.
    Did you get that from backyard gear?
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    edited July 2017
    Nice.  That is something you can put on while the griddle is still hot too!

Is it hinged?  Do you just flip it up and cook or do you take it off and set it somewhere?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Looks nice. I'm thinking about getting one of these. My fabric cover leaks a bit.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • mtasker
    mtasker Posts: 88
    picked up a free piece of diamond plate from a customer of mine.  making mine.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited March 2018
    For those who haven't noticed,
    Blackstone Products is finally attempting to catch up to the aftermarket.

5004_Hard Cover 36_03

36″ Griddle Hard Cover

$99.99

Protect your griddle top from the elements with the 36″ Griddle Hard Cover. The hard cover includes two brackets to hang the cover off the back of your griddle when not in use. Two handles make it easy to take off and put on. The hard cover is compatible with front or rear grease griddle tops and with the 36″ Griddle Surround Table. Use underneath the 36″ Griddle soft cover to stop water from pooling on your griddle top.

https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/product/36-griddle-hard-cover/

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Those are nice, but almost same price as I paid for my BS.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Seems like a fair deal, although many homegrown options might offer similar performance and a fraction of the cost.  There is value on an option that requires no technical ability, however. 
  • ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461

5004_Hard Cover 36_03

36″ Griddle Hard Cover

$99.99

Protect your griddle top from the elements with the 36″ Griddle Hard Cover. The hard cover includes two brackets to hang the cover off the back of your griddle when not in use. Two handles make it easy to take off and put on. The hard cover is compatible with front or rear grease griddle tops and with the 36″ Griddle Surround Table. Use underneath the 36″ Griddle soft cover to stop water from pooling on your griddle top.

Just purchased it the other day, will have to let veryone know how well it works. I've been keeping mine in the garage and wheeling it out to the patio when I cook, real pain in the ass however here in florda its the only way to keep back the rust. Hopefully this will work good outside here in where it is humid.
    O-Town, FL

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
     I like the aftermarket product better than the Blackstone. The handles on top are a deal breaker for me. If I am going to spend that amount of money I will want to use that surface for cutting boards or food prep when using other cooking devices. The diamond plate cover is in my Amazon cart right now. Just waiting for the toy funds to build up a bit before checking out with my list of Spring goodies.

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Just looked at mine as it has been outside with cover all winter, a little bacon grease to clean it up and I am good to go.  Happily surprised.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Looks like a simple piece. Think I might make a few
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    And here I use cardboard pieces of the box it came in, cut to fit, laying on the top walls of the griddle.  My Blackstone products are all garage kept though, knowing their limitations.  The garage makes for a nice wind break too.

It's hard, to pay as much for the cover as you did the 36" unit. 

Edit, just ordered the 36" bag.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I have an 1/8 inch of pollen covering mine right now. Works great
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I like how they helpfully point out that it can be used to stop water from pooling on griddle. Because the upside down aluminium pan I was using just wasn’t working so well. 

The BS soft cover is actually quite well made and does a good job.  No problems here in the heat and humidity of Houston. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    ewyllins said:

5004_Hard Cover 36_03

36″ Griddle Hard Cover

$99.99

Just purchased it the other day, will have to let veryone know how well it works. . . 
    Please do.  We haven't purchased and don't know if we will.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns