Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Masters Golf Tourney 2018 !!!

Options

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I got Phil at 28-1 back in January. A lot will have to go right for him to win, but at least he has been playing decently the past month or so.
    I'm also rooting for "Lefty"!!~~
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    Can't wait either. It's literally the official beginning to spring here in GA. Kids on spring break, fishing and watching the Masters. 

I think it's DJ's year personally. But it could be anybody's tournament. 
    You forgot the choking pollen 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Noticed today our azaleas are starting to bloom. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    According to the CBS camera crew that were in Augusta last Wed. while setting up, there's not a bigger **** on tour than Bubba Watson. Not even a close second. Most likable are Charley Hoffman and Pat Perez.
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    REB17 said:
    According to the CBS camera crew that were in Augusta last Wed. while setting up, there's not a bigger **** on tour than Bubba Watson. Not even a close second. Most likable are Charley Hoffman and Pat Perez.
    For close observers of the PGA Tour, this should not come as much of a surprise. When 103 PGA Tour players were asked who, from their peers, they wouldn't help in a hypothetical parking lot fist fight, Bubba Watson was the runaway winner.

I've seen him being a d!ck to his caddy too.  He's not my favorite tour pro...
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Pulling for DJ or Rory. Dark horse for those betting is tommy fleetwood
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Man I always thought Bubba was one the best guys out there.  That’s too bad.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Man I always thought Bubba was one the best guys out there.  That’s too bad.  
    Huge jerk. If I was his caddy I would have quit a long time ago. Everything is the caddy’s fault. Never seen someone whine so much
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Pulling for DJ or Rory. Dark horse for those betting is tommy fleetwood
    I like Fleetwood, but he's not much of a dark horse based on the odds I was seeing.
    Stillwater, MN
  • thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Jordan Spieth
    Soothsayer!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    My favorite tournament to watch every year.   Normally have the Master's Feast going, but too much going on so Wingstop will have to work. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    In celebration...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Ah, the 1964 Masters.  I remember it like yesterday.  Memories, man I feel old.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I remember this one quite well. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I remember this one quite well. 

Jack is the man.  Nobody like him playing today.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    He put on a clinic in the Par 3. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I take it Patrick Reed is a surprise to all of you? I know being in the lead after the 2nd round doesn’t mean squat, but he’s playing some great golf. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    Reed is kind of like an American version of poulter on the course.  Loves the one upsmanship of match play but somewhat struggles in stroke play events.  Hoping the rain passes through quickly as the leaderboard is stacked right now, minus tiger and phil of course.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • thetrim
    Options
    I like Reed.  The last Ryder Cup was him coming out party for most golfing fans.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I like Reed.  The last Ryder Cup was him coming out party for most golfing fans.
    If he continues to lead, I'm interested to see whether any of the broadcasters or writers will bring up the non-Captain America side of Patrick Reed. He may be a match for Bubba in the douche department.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/patrick-reed-responds-cheating-theft-claims
    Stillwater, MN
  • thetrim
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Y'all keep letting me know that some of the guys I see as good guys really aren't.  In Reed's defense, that was college.  Hopefully, he has it together now.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Rascal
    Options
    Nobody can match the integrity and wholesomeness of TW!!
  • thetrim
    Options
    I'm still thinking Jordan wins this thing.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Rascal said:
    I have no issues with Reed drinking a bit in college, but cheating (on the course) and stealing from your teammates is about as low as it gets.
    Stillwater, MN
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    This has the potential to be an epic weekend in Augusta. Regardless of who wins, I just hope it's a great show.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Rascal
    Options
    Rascal said:
    I have no issues with Reed drinking a bit in college, but cheating (on the course) and stealing from your teammates is about as low as it gets.
    Except when it comes to wife and children..