Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ACE is the place. But has anybody had a warranty claim?

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
We now have 5 BGE sellers in our market. The oldest, longest, dealership has been a dealer for 18 or 19 years. Then a grocery store across the river as we call it has been offering eggs for maybe 9 years. Now thru acquisitions we have 3 large ACE hardware stores selling them. Today in a flyer the ACE ad listed $859 for a Large.

I'm sure this may have been beaten to death before but has anyone had a warranty claim via ACE to enlighten us?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    I used one for a claim and they weren't my original dealer as mine stopped selling eggs before my claim. It was just a fire ring and bowl, but i had no issues
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Each Ace is independently owned and operated......just like any other dealer, just depends on the group.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    The Ace (Blackhawk Hardware) in Charlotte provides excellent warrantee service. I purchased one of my two eggs from them, but no warrantee claims (as yet). I do know others however (family) who have used them with much success. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    I’m a huge advocate of my local ACE store - no experiences with respect to eggs there; however, I’ll frequent them over the big box stores even if there is a cost differential. 

Given the high standard of service that my local ACE provides, I’d have no doubt that they’d be great as an egg dealer. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I like turtles!
    Each Ace is independently owned and operated......just like any other dealer, just depends on the group.

BTW right next to the BGE ad was an ad for your charcoal for $22 something.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I used to live in a small town, but large enough for two ace hardwares.  One was older, kind of hard to find things until you got to know your way around.  Shelves to the ceiling.  The other was a new building, all open and shjt.  They said it was the new design for stores, open concept or something.  All light and airy, big windows, you could find stuff.  I loved it, but it really divided the town for some reason.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    RRP said:

BTW right next to the BGE ad was an ad for your charcoal for $22 something.
    Thats the price he will be selling it at. That is not a sale price. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Ron, I really like Ace hardware. I have never had to return anything though (knock on wood).  Just lucky I guess. 
    However, on a related note, I have took 4 air fryers back to BB&B in 2 days. They didn’t blink an eye. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jonnysouth
    Jonnysouth Posts: 162
    I purchased my XL at my local Ace in MO. I’ve had 2 cracked bases that I’ve made warranty claims and had no issues at all. That has been my experience.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I took 4 air guitars back to musician's friend.  They were no longer friendly.
    My Ace hardware is a Platinum Egg Dealer. I bought my egg in another state but they have replaced my fire ring and bottom dome on my XL. I just email a picture. They also did a warranty on my Lofolighter.  

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited March 2018
    @RRP I know the owner of the three ACE's.  He will take care of you.  He is a good guy, as a side note, whenever he has a BGE/BBQ  related question he usually calls or txts me.

While hanging out at the G-town store I sold two eggs one afternoon.  He jokingly offered me a job :smiley:
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • 55drum
    55drum Posts: 162
    My XXL outside base cracked recently...ran the warranty thru a local ACE where it was purchased....took over a month to get the replacement but no hassels
  • chard
    chard Posts: 67
    Had a firebox replaced under warranty through the local ACE.  Called and followed up with an email pic.  They had me in the system from years ago when the egg was purchased. The replacement arrived in a few weeks with the next shipment they ordered, they called and I picked it up at the store.  Very easy process.
    Eggin' with a Large and Small
    Twin Cities, MN
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    @RRP I know the owner of the three ACE's.  He will take care of you.  He is a good guy, as a side note, whenever he has a BGE/BBQ  related question he usually calls or txts me.

While hanging out at the G-town store I sold two eggs one afternoon.  He jokingly offered me a job :smiley:
    @Ozzie_Isaac I just met Justin the other week.  Their new Morton location is right behind our plant.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Great experience with my local Aces. The one I bought from did one warranty replacement, and has since closed. Recently the other Ace in town got me replacement on my Base, Fire Ring and Bands. Got the replacement stuff in under 2 weeks.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Ace took care of by cracked firebox, easy peasy. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    The Ace (Blackhawk Hardware) in Charlotte provides excellent warrantee service. I purchased one of my two eggs from them, but no warrantee claims (as yet). I do know others however (family) who have used them with much success. 
    @northGAcock You will have no problems with Blackhawk for any warranty service, they are good people. I owned the Keyshop across the street from them for 27 years and can attest to their customer service. Got all of my eggs from them.
  • Can ace stores access the original receipt?  I seemed to have misplaced mine.  
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945

@Ozzie_Isaac I just met Justin the other week.  Their new Morton location is right behind our plant.
    He is a good guy, his whole family is.  When I lived in Germantown we were neighbors.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • EggMcMic
    EggMcMic Posts: 340
    @RRP I shop at one of the Ace Hardware stores that you mentioned. I actually won my first egg in a drawing and they have facilitated the new fire ring I needed as well as the new hinge/bands. I have since purchased two more eggs from him. 
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    RRP said:
    We now have 5 BGE sellers in our market. The oldest, longest, dealership has been a dealer for 18 or 19 years. Then a grocery store across the river as we call it has been offering eggs for maybe 9 years. Now thru acquisitions we have 3 large ACE hardware stores selling them. Today in a flyer the ACE ad listed $859 for a Large.

I'm sure this may have been beaten to death before but has anyone had a warranty claim via ACE to enlighten us?

I just had a cracked CI charcoal grate replaced via my local ACE. I sent a picture of the cracked grate to Bruce at BGE and he sent me the authorization that I showed my local ACE. Just so happens they had one in stock and gave me the replacement.

• My Ace dealer is great, has always had parts in stock and immediate exchange 
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)