Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Pi Day!

Options
I made a few in honor of geometry - sadly not particularly round but still tasty!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Round has no taste. =) Nice!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Nice looking za. I did find @JohnInCarolina’s shirt he will be sporting at Burning Loin:

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    Options
    Can't believe you missed this calendar event:
    Well once again (March 14th) Steak & a BJ Day rolls around.......  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Ironic that we lost Stephen Hawking today...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You need a series of fairly complex polynomial midpoint circle algorithms do describe them amebas, John. ;)

I don't know why, but the fad of calling pizza "za" makes me rage.  Maybe I'm irrationally old school.
    Options
    You’re an idiot. We all know 3.1415...,,,,,...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    By the way, this chicken tikka masala pizza is legit.  Tikka masala sauce for the base, red onions, chicken, and mozz.  It's awesome.  
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Nice pi....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    You need a series of fairly complex polynomial midpoint circle algorithms do describe them amebas, John. ;)

I don't know why, but the fad of calling pizza "za" makes me rage.  Maybe I'm irrationally old school.
    Rage is just another term for triggered. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    CTMike said:

bingo
    Options
    CTMike said:

bingo
    Yahtzee

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Amoeba. Amoebae.

Get it right, you **** chemist.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    caliking said:

Amoeba. Amoebae.

Get it right, you **** chemist.

En Garde, heathen biologist, doctor of black holes!
    By the way, this chicken tikka masala pizza is legit.  Tikka masala sauce for the base, red onions, chicken, and mozz.  It's awesome.  
    Looks/sounds awesome. But as David Chang would ask - Is it Pizza?
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Looks/sounds awesome. But as David Chang would ask - Is it Pizza?
    If it’s made from pizza dough, has some kind of sauce, and cheese - I think it counts for pizza in my book.  But I don’t give a sh!t about semantics.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

Can I bug you for your dough recipe?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @JohnInCarolina

You bet.  I’m always happy to share.  This was a riff off of Ken Forkish's recipe in his Pizza book.  It's the overnight sourdough recipe.

I just changed a few things.  I reduced the hydration to 62%, and I added 0.75g of instant yeast before mixing in the sourdough starter the next day.  I've just been doing that when my starter doesn't look active enough.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @JohnInCarolina

You bet.  I’m always happy to share.  This was a riff off of Ken Forkish's recipe in his Pizza book.  It's the overnight sourdough recipe.

I just changed a few things.  I reduced the hydration to 62%, and I added 0.75g of instant yeast before mixing in the sourdough starter the next day.  I've just been doing that when my starter doesn't look active enough.  
    Much appreciated. Thanks!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    caliking said:

Amoeba. Amoebae.

We shall beat you with a pair o' meciums.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    I got no pie that day, savory or sweet. :s
    Near San Francisco in California