Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Boulder CO eggheads out there?

northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
....planning a trip out in July and looking for some advice.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Hippies everywhere, maaaaaannnnn.  I went to school in Golden (Home of Coors brewery) about 20 years ago.  We traveled to Boulder once a week, and always had a good time.  Pearl St is great for people watching, and there are tons of great food options.  If you get the chance, check out a brewery called Upslope. July is a great time to be in the mountains, so take advantage of patio seating!   Denver is less than an hour away, so a Rockies game is always a fun option as well.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• northGAcock
    SaltySam said:
    Hippies everywhere, maaaaaannnnn.  I went to school in Golden (Home of Coors brewery) about 20 years ago.  We traveled to Boulder once a week, and always had a good time.  Pearl St is great for people watching, and there are tons of great food options.  If you get the chance, check out a brewery called Upslope. July is a great time to be in the mountains, so take advantage of patio seating!   Denver is less than an hour away, so a Rockies game is always a fun option as well.  
    @SaltySam Headed out in celebration of my 60th (assuming I make it) and plan to take in both nights of Dead & Co at Folsom Field. Questions for you.....I also want to take in a show at Red Rocks while there. How far is it from Boulder to Morrison?....and is Boulder where I want to rent a VRBO....or should I look somewhere in between? My primary purpose is to enjoy my family and catch shows....oh and cook some good food. Outside patio is a hard requirement.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Boulder to Red Rocks is probably 30 or 40 minutes on a normal day, little bit longer for a show.

There are some awesome canyons uphill from Boulder with some magnificent homes - if you can find a place up sunshine canyon you will be remote, yet close.

Nederland is just up the hill a bit and is a very cool little rustic community with a great Dead vibe. and Lyons is pretty close and very cool too.  Lyons is the home of the original Oskar Blues spot and it is still great choice for food and brews, but they now have a tap room right in Boulder as well.

Lots and lots of choices.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I’m not sure Robin will be able to tolerate Hippies. LOL!
  • northGAcock
    Boulder to Red Rocks is probably 30 or 40 minutes on a normal day, little bit longer for a show.

There are some awesome canyons uphill from Boulder with some magnificent homes - if you can find a place up sunshine canyon you will be remote, yet close.

Nederland is just up the hill a bit and is a very cool little rustic community with a great Dead vibe. and Lyons is pretty close and very cool too.  Lyons is the home of the original Oskar Blues spot and it is still great choice for food and brews, but they now have a tap room right in Boulder as well.

Lots and lots of choices.

Thanks Spring.....so if it were you, stay in town or go for the nearby hills? I will take a look at both locations. Sounds like it might be up my ally.

• northGAcock
    Easy there Pete.  =)

• Herky
    Herky Posts: 30
    I went to both Boulder shows last summer and it was a blast.  If you don't have seats yet try and get on the west side of the stadium.  The sun was brutal on the east side for the first set both nights. 

We had a VRBO in Longmont which was great except for the $120 uber rides home after the shows.  Make sure and have your transportation home after the show lined up beforehand.  The first night we didn't and it took us 3 hours to get out of there.   

Checkout http://www.owsleysgoldenroad.com/ it's a short walk to the stadium. 
  • pgprescott
    Easy there Pete.  =)
    Better pack a few tie dyes. Best to blend in. Enjoy, sounds awesome!
  • northGAcock
    Herky said:
    I went to both Boulder shows last summer and it was a blast.  If you don't have seats yet try and get on the west side of the stadium.  The sun was brutal on the east side for the first set both nights. 

We had a VRBO in Longmont which was great except for the $120 uber rides home after the shows.  Make sure and have your transportation home after the show lined up beforehand.  The first night we didn't and it took us 3 hours to get out of there.   

Checkout http://www.owsleysgoldenroad.com/ it's a short walk to the stadium. 
    I am hoping my daughter will be with child at this time.....which lends itself to a perfect designated driver. Appreciate the info and most definitely the tip on the sun.

• northGAcock
    Easy there Pete.  =)
    I'll probably have to get me a few new ones for the special occasion.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    SaltySam said:
    Sam - I never woulda thunk a bunch of Mines boys would have ventured to Boulder that often!  'Cept I never met any slow kids that went there and smart kids recognize good talent when they see it.   =)
  • yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    Boulder County, Just not Boulder...Thanks God
  • yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    Oskar blues HQ is in longmont along with there tasting room (the tasty weasel) There is also the BrewHop Trolley which hits all the Breweries in Longmont...
  • pgprescott
    Easy there Pete.  =)
    I was thinking a family tie dye bonding day. Real hippies do their own tie dye. Jeez!
  • northGAcock
    Easy there Pete.  =)
    I was thinking a family tie dye bonding day. Real hippies do their own tie dye. Jeez!
    Funny you say that....wife thought art for a quarter centrum....and has the skills. You might be on to something!

• pgprescott
    Easy there Pete.  =)
    Funny you say that....wife thought art for a quarter centrum....and has the skills. You might be on to something!
    Heck I’ve done it back in the day and I’m an uptight you know what. Easy peasy lemon squeezey 
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam said:
    Sam - I never woulda thunk a bunch of Mines boys would have ventured to Boulder that often!  'Cept I never met any slow kids that went there and smart kids recognize good talent when they see it.   =)
    It was for ROTC.  We had our weekly Leadership Lab in Det 105, which was actually at Folsom Field.  I didn’t go there to party.  Well...initially. I was a straight laced, milk toast, Wonder Bread nerd when I arrived in CO.  It was definitely eye opening for a kid like me.  It was the first time I’d ever smelled pot.  

Oh, by the way @northGAcock, you will smell pot.  Dispensaries are everywhere!  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    It’s the new fresh air smell of Denver. 

Probably won’t fit in this trip but if you want a good meal, in Denver, go for the lamb at 
    Elways. Steaks are okay but the lamb was one of those really special memories. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    SaltySam said:
    @SaltySam Headed out in celebration of my 60th (assuming I make it) and plan to take in both nights of Dead & Co at Folsom Field. Questions for you.....I also want to take in a show at Red Rocks while there. How far is it from Boulder to Morrison?....and is Boulder where I want to rent a VRBO....or should I look somewhere in between? My primary purpose is to enjoy my family and catch shows....oh and cook some good food. Outside patio is a hard requirement.
    Red Rocks is amazing.
    NOLA
  • northGAcock
    SaltySam said:
    SaltySam said:
    It was for ROTC.  We had our weekly Leadership Lab in Det 105, which was actually at Folsom Field.  I didn’t go there to party.  Well...initially. I was a straight laced, milk toast, Wonder Bread nerd when I arrived in CO.  It was definitely eye opening for a kid like me.  It was the first time I’d ever smelled pot.  

Oh, by the way @northGAcock, you will smell pot.  Dispensaries are everywhere!  
    I have smelled my sons on occasion. I tell him that **** will make you go crazy. 

• SaltySam
    I just saw that Ray LaMontagne is at Red Rocks in July.  Is that the show you planned on seeing?  If so, you may see me there! 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• northGAcock
    Maybe so..:.trip still coming together....