Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lent starting Wednesday - so how about some recipes?

Options
2»

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I love Pad Thai Shrimp or maybe it is shrimp Pad Thai.  Either way, I have never attempted to make it.  I order out from a Chinese restaurant.  I should look into it.  You have a wok?
    They make Thai food at your Chinese restaurants?
    In my area most Chinese restaurants are operated by Vietnamese. 
    We have a place that does Thai and Japanese. Mostly sushi, but some other dishes too. Also carry beer from both countries. One of our favorite gems. It is a Thai place that does sushi.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot, during the middle ages, monk's who were fasting and abstaining would limit themselves to fish, which wasn't flesh, and only drinking "bread beer," similar to what is known these days as double bock or old ale. So add in a couple of brews to the Fryday meal.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Isn’t it just “no meat”? If finding fish dishes is a pain, why not go with fresh pasta with marinara or puttanesca?  Frittata packed with veggies?  This is a tasty and different chili, although I up the adobo included: https://food52.com/recipes/20498-smoky-black-bean-and-sweet-potato-chili

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
    Pasta Fagiole, Pasta Carbonara, Fettucini Alfredo, Stuffed Clams. These will be in my Lent rotation as well as pizza for the lazy Fridays. 
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • gtneely
    Options
    Wild salmon on an alderwood or cedar plank, dusted liberally with GE rub recipe from the little booklet included 5 years ago with my medium egg.  Best rub ever.  Also, is there a way I can contact you about ordering a gasket?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    gtneely said:
    Wild salmon on an alderwood or cedar plank, dusted liberally with GE rub recipe from the little booklet included 5 years ago with my medium egg.  Best rub ever.  Also, is there a way I can contact you about ordering a gasket?
    I just sent you a PM. Just answer that giving me your email address and I'll take it from there.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • baychilla
    Options
    I realize this is late (lent starting on Valentines day - ouch to those practicing) but shrimp roll (shrimp instead of lobster for a lobster roll) and then perhaps a Sinaporean chili cracked crab.  Or halibut in buerre blanc.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    All great suggestions above. As mentioned above by @Theophan, it’s more about self denial and reflection, not necessarily over indulging. Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are the days of fasting as well as abstinence. I can tell y’all what I don’t eat during lent - tuna casserole. In fact, I’ve pretty much given that up for ever. As a cradle Catholic, I’ve had more than my fill! My joke around my wife is that I give up tuna casserole for lent. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle