Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What’s your favorite steak butter receipe?

Picked these ribeyes out of the freezer this morning for tomorrow’s dinner, wanting to try and new steak butter receipe, if you have one you love on ribeyes please share!

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
Coach Finstock Teen Wolf

Comments

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Last night on some NY Strips I half-melted 1/3rd stick of butter and added 1/2 tablespoon of granulated garlic, 2 tsp of onion powder, and 1/2 tablespoon of basil.

Basted the strips as they were being seared - it was great.    That was the first attempt at making a steak butter and we were big fans.

Interested to see what others are doing.
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    I usually take some roasted garlic cloves, some salt pepper, granulated garlic, parsley and chives, 1 stick of butter melted in a skillet mix in seasonings then i cool it in the fridge. once solid i make a tube in some cling wrap and its like a stick of butter that can be sliced. heating the butter helps get the flavor from the herbs spread into the butter in my opinion.  

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    @U_tarded can you keep the new stick of butter for awhile in the fridge?  Or does it only have a one night use?
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Roasted Garlic, Coarse Ground Himalayan Salt & Coarse Ground Tricolor Peppercorn.  Mix with 3-4 sticks of unsalted sweet cream butter...preferably Amish butter or Kerrygold.  With clear cling wrap make a butter roll and placed into the refrigerator to stiffen up.  I will vacuum save these quite often after it's been refrigerated and place into the freezer for an extended period with no issue.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    GoooDawgs said:
    @U_tarded can you keep the new stick of butter for awhile in the fridge?  Or does it only have a one night use?
    I keep it in the fridge a few weeks no issues.  But we are also the kind of people that keep a stick on the counter for a week or so for toast and don’t think twice about it. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I keep butter on the counter in a butter bell for weeks at a time (until I use it up). Sometimes, I even remember to change the water. =)

I'm just talking about butter though, no garlic or herbs and such.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    dcc said:
    I'm lazy

I've bought those HEB butters before, but have not seen the Kerrygold flavored butter. I want some!

I work in Clear Lake BTW. There are a bunch of us egghead miscreants in the Houston area.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dcc
    dcc Posts: 90
    Randall's on CLC Blvd usually has the Kerrygold.  I've been in Clear Lake City for over 50 years now.  Changed a lot.
    Houston (Clear Lake) TX
    2 LBGE, 1 Mini-Max

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Thanks for all who shared anyone who has a great steak butter please post as I’ll come back for future cooks to reference 

this is what I ended up doing 

Wife came out when I was heating the ingredients and says something smells good out here! I think it’s going to be good! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I usually go with some combo of what I have in the garden, typically thyme/lemon thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano.  Flat leaf parsley adds a great herby freshness without overpowering.  Salt and pepper.  Same thing if I’m doing a board sauce with olive oil.  Chop the rosemary really really well, nobody wants to bite into a chunk of rosemary.  Chives work well also.
  • Hans61
    Steaks are on 285 dome for reverse sear action

@Legume I think next time I’ll use the food processer I might of not got the rosemary fine enough, but live and learn right?
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    For those who care about the finish :-)
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Mrs Hans couldn’t finish hers :-)
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Roasted Garlic, Coarse Ground Himalayan Salt & Coarse Ground Tricolor Peppercorn.  Mix with 3-4 sticks of unsalted sweet cream butter...preferably Amish butter or Kerrygold.  With clear cling wrap make a butter roll and placed into the refrigerator to stiffen up.  I will vacuum save these quite often after it's been refrigerated and place into the freezer for an extended period with no issue.
    I do a half assed version of this and it's great. Going to follow this next time. Just note it only keeps in the fridge for a few days. Needs to be frozen. Just used an older refrigerated roll tonight and it was nasty.